Common searches

Reply 120 of 123, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
rmay635703 wrote on 2020-11-05, 12:31:

Hmm another Covid problem

Shouldn't it be the other way around? People stuck at home with nothing to do but wait for it to pass? Plenty of time for editing, no?

Reply 121 of 123, by neozeed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hope it's not lost, I just was pointed to this thread. Sounds terribly interesting!

As a kid I actually bought an AdLib for my 286! The 'Game Blaster' thing had arrived and it, and the upcoming SoundBlaster was starting to put pressure on AdLib best I could tell, as I got the AdLib for something like $40-60CDN back in the day. Who'd have thought that they'd be so darn expensive these days!

Coming from the Commodore 64, it was so amazing to have an AdLib, it was so disappointing downgrading to a 286 with CGA & a beep/boop speaker. At least the AdLib added life!

Reply 122 of 123, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

For me it's obvious to go with letterboxing option #1, besides, in digital domain with good compression I do not think an animated and/or colored backdrop might be bad if it's not too disconcerting.
test1.jpg
What an odd picture choice... do I recognize former Montréal city mayor Gérald Tremblay while he was seating at the National Assembly of Québec from 1989-1996 ? I remember the guys at adlib complaining that the government did not provide them with much assistance or recognition, so maybe it's part of your video since he was minister of Industries, Commerce and Technologies at the time.

Reply 123 of 123, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Bumping your thread, Beegle, any update on your project ? I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say we are eager to watch what you did.

Do you have any issues, maybe we could be of some help ?