VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Recently, sezero has worked on a few code changes to the DDay mod code supplied by ggorts to be less 'hacky'. In any case, I don't intimately know the mod very well and neither does sezero.

Here is a windows 32 version of q2dos (yup!) at https://bitbucket.org/neozeed/q2dos/downloads … win32_082815.7z.

Just simply extract and run the dday mod, make sure everything works as intended and report back!

Thanks 😀

Reply 1 of 5, by __ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I appreciate your support of this mod and sezero's recent changes! The win32 version runs perfectly and the dday 5.0 mod has been stable during a botmatch. I started bots with: bots 1. It really showcases the gl renderer and the work that has gone into q2dos.

Reply 5 of 5, by __ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Looks like an improvement. I think the strstr, however, may return true if a string is empty (should never happen anyways).

It looks like the function is solely used in g_misc.c to match to entities/items (ie; ladder, barrel, box). It appears they should produce near equivalent results given how they are used in g_misc.c. I think one problem with the original function is that "ladder" could match to "ladderTall" (given their position in the string function). This is a made up example, and a quick scan of the code doesn't show this, but it could create a spurious match. There are a couple of examples where the g_misc.c code is trying to avoid the spurious match, so then the fixed code should be fine. I think the original function should have been written to match the whole word only, at least that is as it appears to me.