VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

For all of you here who watch YouTube channels such as mine or Phil's, YouTube's suffering a weird issue at the moment where subscriptions are simply disappearing. I can confirm about 250 of the roughly 6,800 subscribers I had as of two days ago have disappeared. These aren't simply inactive accounts either, this is happening seemingly at random! D:

Make sure to check your subscriptions to ensure you're still subscribed to all the channels you watch!

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 1 of 13, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This crap again? Hasn't this happened like a few years back? And again even?

I didn't seem to loose anything, yet.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 2 of 13, by Joey_sw

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

there also weird issue few years ago:

The channel i subscribe to do not shows any new video indicator on youtube front page for a long time,
suspicion got me so i go to said channel, it has a lot of new videos and said i haven't subscribed yet?? how weird!
anyway i re-click the subscribe button and the new video upload indicator works again.

I wonder if that the similar issues resurfacing again?

-fffuuu

Reply 3 of 13, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ah, so it means you're left with the people who actually care about your channel.
Edit: Wha? What happened to Phil's post?

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 4 of 13, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
keenmaster486 wrote:

Ah, so it means you're left with the people who actually care about your channel.
Edit: Wha? What happened to Phil's post?

😊 Hit the wrong button again.

I call this "purge" and it does happen every now and then. It's not really random, people get hit on the same day. I think we had two previous purges this year.

YT being a black box, I don't have any evidence, but my channel YT network explains it as YT scrapping inactive subscribers (not accounts). Inactive subscribers are viewers that watched a video, subscribed, but then don't come back for more, don't like, comment, message. Basically they don't interact with you any more. This could happen because they liked a video about a specific topic, let's say a MS-DOS tutorial, hoping for more, but all the next videos are about Pentium 4s and GeForce graphics cards 🤣 .

Facebook does similar things, it's all about filtering out content that you interact with most.

I wouldn't worry about it. Subscriber counts doesn't mean much anyway, you want people that stay with you because they like what you do 😀

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 5 of 13, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yea some people go up the wall while still chewing the carpet over losing a few subs these days but that is nothing to the usual swarms of trolls and torrents of hate mail. Ever got on the bad side of YT/Google before? Trust me it is not fun when they start making notes on every video looking for any reason to terminate a channel.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 8 of 13, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

I wouldn't worry about it. Subscriber counts doesn't mean much anyway, you want people that stay with you because they like what you do 😀

I don't remember the last time I even looked at mine! 😵

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 9 of 13, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
PhilsComputerLab wrote:
I call this "purge" and it does happen every now and then. It's not really random, people get hit on the same day. I think we ha […]
Show full quote

I call this "purge" and it does happen every now and then. It's not really random, people get hit on the same day. I think we had two previous purges this year.

YT being a black box, I don't have any evidence, but my channel YT network explains it as YT scrapping inactive subscribers (not accounts). Inactive subscribers are viewers that watched a video, subscribed, but then don't come back for more, don't like, comment, message. Basically they don't interact with you any more. This could happen because they liked a video about a specific topic, let's say a MS-DOS tutorial, hoping for more, but all the next videos are about Pentium 4s and GeForce graphics cards :lol: .

Facebook does similar things, it's all about filtering out content that you interact with most.

I wouldn't worry about it. Subscriber counts doesn't mean much anyway, you want people that stay with you because they like what you do :happy:

Almost valid argument... except YouTube actually responded to say they were investigating the problem and people were losing subscriptions to channels they were ACTIVELY watching... so... gonna say something went screwy here. :P

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 10 of 13, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I was explaining the loss in your subscribers, not subscriptions dropping out. I don't think these are related, certainly haven't heard anything in that regard from my network.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 11 of 13, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well, the subscriber count of my channel was reduced by 9 recently. The implications of this to me and the new state of the world are marginal though. So I go with leileilols attitude 😜

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 13 of 13, by Sutekh94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bv7lU2kIAAA5lMO.jpg […]
Show full quote

Bv7lU2kIAAA5lMO.jpg

🤣 🤣 🤣

I'm not too concerned about my little channel's loss of 10 subscribers. Definitely seems like a few people are being shafted, though, with regards to them losing subscriptions to channels they're actively watching, or so I've heard.

That one vintage computer enthusiast brony.
My YouTube | My DeviantArt