VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Does anyone know where I could obtain a high res copy of this poster or a place to buy a reprint? I would love to have this in my office!

3C53C5BE-2A44-41C3-B506-42A9A85DD6D1.jpeg
Filename
3C53C5BE-2A44-41C3-B506-42A9A85DD6D1.jpeg
File size
62.72 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 10, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

OMG, that has to be the most '80s thing I've ever seen (and this is coming from a dude who wears mirror shades completely un-ironically.) Everything is perfect - the 3D block '10', the color-zoom Microsoft logo, the light bloom, the cityscape... You could totally use that as a retrowave album jacket now. Also I love the rainbow of knowledge pouring out of Gates's mind. Sheer class.

Can't help you out unfortunately but thanks for posting this. My day has been made better by knowing it exists.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 2 of 10, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I agree! I seen the image in Paul Allens book that I am reading currently and immediately began searching for ways to obtain this poster!

Reply 3 of 10, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
fsmith2003 wrote:

I agree! I seen the image in Paul Allens book that I am reading currently and immediately began searching for ways to obtain this poster!

That's a great book, but I must admit that I dropped it like a stone after he left MS (spoiler alert!)

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 4 of 10, by MMaximus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
xjas wrote:

OMG, that has to be the most '80s thing I've ever seen...

Cool picture!

Actually... I see more of a '70s aesthetics in this, event if it was made in the '80s! 😀

Hard Disk Sounds

Reply 5 of 10, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well, this would have been from early 1985 so the "full" '80s aesthetic still had a couple years to really mature.

Incidentally I like that Gates is holding a TRS-80 model 100 in the bottom right. I have one of those! Microsoft BASIC 3.0 in ROM.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 6 of 10, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
fsmith2003 wrote:

How is the image quality in the book? if it's a full page, I'd scan it at 600 dpi and take it to a print shop to blow it up.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 8 of 10, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
VileRancour wrote:
fsmith2003 wrote:

How is the image quality in the book? if it's a full page, I'd scan it at 600 dpi and take it to a print shop to blow it up.

The color is quite faded looking in my copy of the book. It is centered on a full page but it’s not an entire page size. That would be a possibility though if no other options come up. The picture I posted above has much richer color than one in the book.

Reply 9 of 10, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I saved that picture and uploaded it to my flickr account.

It would be possibly to enlarge it and then clean it up in a photo editing software.

If I worked on it, it would take me a very long time to make it look good blown up.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 10 of 10, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've done this sort of stuff before, actually.

If anyone who has the book also has access to a decent scanner, and can send me a 600 dpi scan of the poster as it appears in the book - I'll see what I can do. 😁

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]