VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

As the title says. The longest peripheral card in my possession is Sound Blaster AWE32. I didn't bother to measure it with tape, but the specs say 14 inches (365 mm). The pic below says it all; it's even longer than my outrageously long HIS Radeon 7850 IceQ Turbo.

Longest_expansion_card.jpg

So, what is yours?

And while we're at it, what is the longest peripheral card ever made? Despite my known obsession with Voodoo5, I actually never have Voodoo5 6000. Is actually it longer than AWE32? Or are there cards longer than AWE32? How about TerraTec EWS 64?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 1 of 41, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Full length ISA cards are common. Full length PCI cards are rare. Full length PCIe cards are non-existent. (Has anyone seen one?)

I think the only full length PCI card I have is the Matrox Productiva G100 MMS, which even has a handle on the far end.

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 3 of 41, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

AST Rampage 286.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 6 of 41, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote:

My LAPC-I

Is it longer than AWE32?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....

Reply 8 of 41, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If I still had my LAPC-I, it would have stolen the limelight. (Sold)

Right now, the title is (also) held by my AWE32 CT2760.

Come to think of it, I have four of these - 2x CT2760, 1x CT3980 & 1x CT3990. Hoarded during my active collecting days...

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 9 of 41, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So. Roland LAPC aside, are there cards longer than AWE32? How about Terratec EWS64?

Reply 12 of 41, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
awgamer wrote:

Ultrasound?

How long is a GUS?

EDIT: forget I asked. 😳

Reply 13 of 41, by agent_x007

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No full length PCI-e...

12.jpg
Filename
12.jpg
File size
823.09 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

My 7900 GX2 is 12" (or 305mm) long 😁
Same goes for (more common PCI-e card) - Radeon HD 5970 (ie. dual GPU 5870).

157143230295.png

Reply 16 of 41, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

As the title says. The longest peripheral card in my possession is Sound Blaster AWE32. I didn't bother to measure it with tape, but the specs say 14 inches (365 mm).

It's actually just a bit under 13.5" with the bracket.

I think the longest card I have is one of the HDD ISA cards at 13.7" and it's pretty difficult to fit in most cases. It would be a bit shorter if the plastic case covering the HDD was removed. I doubt there are many longer cards as they would be impossible to use.

Reply 17 of 41, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Interesting. I wonder if there are ISA cards longer than AWE32, or modern PCIe cards longer than 6800 Ultra Mac.

Anyway....

pkGb21W.gif

Reply 18 of 41, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't like long cards, so I don't have them. My longest one is probably the PCIe Twintech 9600GT, which is not long at all.

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 19 of 41, by Gered

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The longest cards I own currently:

HX6Uaamm.jpg?1

Not that I have any use whatsoever for that DVC card. Got it as part of a bigger lot and really just hold onto it because it's so big, haha. It's 35cm if I include the bracket. The PCB itself is 33.6cm.

486DX2-66/16MB/S3 Trio32 VLB/SBPro2/GUS
P233 MMX/64MB/Voodoo2/Matrox/YMF719/GUS CD3
Duron 800/256MB/Savage4 Pro/SBLive (IN PROGRESS)
Toshiba 430CDT