Topic actions

Reply 40 of 169, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
KCompRoom2000 wrote:
liqmat wrote:

Yeah, I was planning on giving it away in the Discord channel via a contest, but before I did, scan it in so everyone could make their own down the road. I think what I will do is just scan it in at a very high DPI, as is, and then someone with good graphics skills can make their own from the scan.

Once you've scanned it and made it readily available, how about I make a silver Pentium Pro case badge (similar style to Pentium MMX-4) just for fun? 😉

I would love that. I'll scan it in tonight.

Reply 41 of 169, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
KCompRoom2000 wrote:

Once you've scanned it and made it readily available, how about I make a silver Pentium Pro case badge (similar style to Pentium MMX-4) just for fun? 😉

Here it is @ 1200dpi. Let me know if this will do. Thanks & I will buy a few for sure.

Attachments

Reply 42 of 169, by KCompRoom2000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thank you. I'll look into modifying it to look like the newer Pentium stickers where silver stickers were used.

I haven't ordered silver/metallic sticker paper yet, but when I order a set of it soon, I'll definitely post a photo of the results (as well as a photo of replicas of other metallic Intel/Windows stickers).

Reply 43 of 169, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
KCompRoom2000 wrote:

Thank you. I'll look into modifying it to look like the newer Pentium stickers where silver stickers were used.

I haven't ordered silver/metallic sticker paper yet, but when I order a set of it soon, I'll definitely post a photo of the results (as well as a photo of replicas of other metallic Intel/Windows stickers).

Outstanding! I know a few people who will order them from you, including me.

Reply 44 of 169, by Scraphoarder

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Awsome, im stunned! Were those ALR 6x6 rebranded to Unisys Aquantas? I always believed the ALR units had black/dark grey towers. I bought the second last Unisys NOS unit that were from the lot on eBay. The last one also got to a Vogons member in Europe.

Reply 45 of 169, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

As I've been going through the boxes from this haul, which I am about 40% done, I have run into some leaking batteries. Luckily, so far, no permanent damage and everything has been saved minus one 486 board. Here is a stack of eleven hard to find new old stock ALR dual socket Pentium Pro motherboards I saved from their jumbo size barrel batteries. No traces were damaged and only a few of the boards even show very minor signs there was leakage. Whew, catastrophe averted.

ALR Dual Socket PPro Mobos.jpg
Filename
ALR Dual Socket PPro Mobos.jpg
File size
550.52 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 46 of 169, by KCompRoom2000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
liqmat wrote:
KCompRoom2000 wrote:

Outstanding! I know a few people who will order them from you, including me.

Well guys, I've finally done it. I got a set of Avery silver sticker paper to print the stickers on. As a bonus, here's a recreation of the sticker that was posted since I've noticed a proper vector the Pentium Pro logo is next to impossible to find (Note: this is not a vector recreation, but it should be sufficient for printing out replicas of the sticker).

Intel Pentium Pro logo.png
Filename
Intel Pentium Pro logo.png
File size
67.66 KiB
Views
File comment
A transparent reproduction of the Pentium Pro logo made by me
File license
IMG_2105.JPG
Filename
IMG_2105.JPG
File size
1.33 MiB
Views
File comment
The uncut sheet of stickers
File license
IMG_2106.JPG
Filename
IMG_2106.JPG
File size
534.71 KiB
Views
File comment
One of the stickers with a Pentium 4 sticker next to it for comparison
File license
IMG_2107.JPG
Filename
IMG_2107.JPG
File size
426.38 KiB
Views
File license

^ This is the sticker when applied to something (in this case: the top of my Sony DVD player). Sorry about the uneven edges, I used my scissors to quickly cut it, I'll be sure to practice making more even cuts which should be an easy task since I have 35 of these to spare.

If posting Amazon links is permitted, I can link to the Avery sheet that I've used, otherwise I'll just mention the product number (Avery 4396).

The goal of this was to make a Intel Pentium Pro sticker set that resembles the metallic Intel stickers used in the Pentium II-4 eras.

Reply 47 of 169, by Thallanor

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
KCompRoom2000 wrote:

Well guys, I've finally done it. I got a set of Avery silver sticker paper to print the stickers on. As a bonus, here's a recreation of the sticker that was posted since I've noticed a proper vector the Pentium Pro logo is next to impossible to find (Note: this is not a vector recreation, but it should be sufficient for printing out replicas of the sticker).

I have done a quick vector mock-up. I'm happy with it in general though the "R" in the trademark circles looks a little wonk. But it's close!

Attachments

Reply 50 of 169, by sunaiac

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wow. Just wow. One of my hen's teeth haha

R9 3900X/X470 Taichi/32GB 3600CL15/5700XT AE/Marantz PM7005
i7 980X/R9 290X/X-Fi titanium | FX-57/X1950XTX/Audigy 2ZS
Athlon 1000T Slot A/GeForce 3/AWE64G | K5 PR 200/ET6000/AWE32
Ppro 200 1M/Voodoo 3 2000/AWE 32 | iDX4 100/S3 864 VLB/SB16

Reply 53 of 169, by sunaiac

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Where ?

R9 3900X/X470 Taichi/32GB 3600CL15/5700XT AE/Marantz PM7005
i7 980X/R9 290X/X-Fi titanium | FX-57/X1950XTX/Audigy 2ZS
Athlon 1000T Slot A/GeForce 3/AWE64G | K5 PR 200/ET6000/AWE32
Ppro 200 1M/Voodoo 3 2000/AWE 32 | iDX4 100/S3 864 VLB/SB16

Reply 54 of 169, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Once again, Discord invites are CLOSED for now. This is a hobby of mine and NOT a job so I don't need the stress of too many people in the Discord channel. Invites will happen again at a later date once I catch up. There still will be the occasional hardware giveaway here at Vogons so look for that in the near future as well.

Reply 55 of 169, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You, sir, are amazing, as well as luckybob. Thanks for the wireless card, sound card bundle, and the heatsink for the GPU.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 56 of 169, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

A very interesting RAID card, to me anyway. A nice fat ceramic i960 CPU on the card. New old stock from the haul. Also has a battery pack that comes with it still sealed. Have no idea if that pack is still good. Also has a socketed Dallas and both 68-pin and 50-pin connections.

raidcard.jpg
Filename
raidcard.jpg
File size
1.34 MiB
Views
File license

Reply 58 of 169, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I had that SCSI RAID card that was in a Dell PowerEdge 6300 server, and I used it in my K6/2-300 system until I killed the card when I was updating the BIOS (never do that). I still have the RAM and the battery pack.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser