VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Don't get too excited, nothing rare here. Still it was nice to see that they had somehow managed to get their hands on this old stock. They also had other accessories, like serial mouse, PS2/GC cables etc. 😊

Attachments

• stick2.jpg
    Filename
    stick2.jpg
    File size
    217.71 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Well, I guess this isn't that old yet...
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • stick1.jpg
    Filename
    stick1.jpg
    File size
    309.78 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • games3.jpg
    Filename
    games3.jpg
    File size
    388.02 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • games2.jpg
    Filename
    games2.jpg
    File size
    352.56 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • games1.jpg
    Filename
    games1.jpg
    File size
    345.3 KiB
    Views
    File license
Last edited by sf78 on 2018-10-09, 14:28. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 12, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
stick3.jpg
Filename
stick3.jpg
File size
269.25 KiB
Views
File license
set.jpg
Filename
set.jpg
File size
287.91 KiB
Views
File license

Got these for myself.

Reply 3 of 12, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The PC cover set is brilliant. Condoms for your PC. I wonder if anyone ever used those..

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 5 of 12, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sndwv wrote:

Nice! Where is this, Finland? Noticed Dutch on one of the boxes, but that's probably coincidental. Wouldn't have minded one of those Starship Troopers boxes!

Yeah, we got lot of the same stuff from around Europe. Some had French, German, English etc. covers depending on who imported them. The only thing was there had to be some sort of localized operating instruction, usually just a small leaflet or sticker on a box. And the Starship Troopers were sold out within a day. 🤣

Reply 6 of 12, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
root42 wrote:

The PC cover set is brilliant. Condoms for your PC. I wonder if anyone ever used those..

Probably not much back then when you only had one computer to work with and it was on all the time. Now though it's a great thing as I have several (rarely used) PC's setup and ready to go, but as usual, they mostly collect dust.

Reply 7 of 12, by KT7AGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
root42 wrote:

I remember my grandfather using these for his Commodore 64 setup in the early 80s.

I also found one of these NOS at a Goodwill a few years back. Mine has the monitor and keyboard covers, but not the cover for the computer. I have an old IBM NetVista A40 desktop complete with original keyboard and monitor set up as an example of a pre-built system done right. It's a memento from a time when I used to work for IBM. I use the covers to keep it from getting dusty and filthy since I rarely boot it up.

The A40 was a business desktop from ~2001 thru ~2003. Pop in a 1Ghz Coppermine, 512MB PC133 RAM, a Voodoo 3 3000, and a SB Live, and you've got yourself a kickass Win98SE or WinME legacy gaming computer. Bonus: Although these computers originally suffered terribly from the capacitor plague, IBM was proactive in replacing the motherboards with ones that have Rubycon caps. This system is one of the very few that I haven't needed to re-cap.

This isn't mine, but it's the exact same equipment:

a40.jpg
Filename
a40.jpg
File size
80.61 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 8 of 12, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
root42 wrote:

I did. As condoms. For myself.

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 10 of 12, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I could never stand cases with a recessed floppy front bezel, though. It's annoying as hell if the floppy gets stuck and you have to pull it out with artificial means. Kinda like with condoms. That's annoying too. Come to think of it, this thread sure seems to have a lot to say about condoms.

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 12 of 12, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
root42 wrote:

Sadly, I too had a set (monitor, base unit, keyboard & printer) but mine were made to measure out of beige nylon and had ribbed 😲 piping for extra pleas...no! What's even sadder though, is that I've still got them 😊