VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by faddie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone,
I recently rediscovered a copy of DotC on my parents attic, which I bought around 1993 or 1994. It is the CD DOS version, containing an audio CD (or at least I suppose that's what it is) and the game on floppy disks. Unfortunately I was never able to run the game, as it needs an obscure Hitachi CD drive in order load.

Also Mobygames states that this particular version was never published. So I wonder: does anyone else know this version of the game? And is there a way to load it?

I've also uploaded the game to my google drive account, but I'm not sure if I'm violating the forum rules by posting the link. But I was also discussing this on a german forum, so here's the link to the thread and you might even find something on page two over there:
https://www.forum64.de/index.php?thread/84370 … rown-cdrom-dos/

Anyway, it would be great to know if this a long lost release or just an obscurity 😀

Attachments

• dotc_back_small.jpg
    Filename
    dotc_back_small.jpg
    File size
    688.16 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • dotc_front_small.jpg
    Filename
    dotc_front_small.jpg
    File size
    783.65 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 1 of 1, by faddie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Since I'm not yet allowed to write PMs (or reply), I'd like to reply publically. For everyone, here is a pic of the disks for you to enjoy.

Yes, I'd love to try out a patch, just keep in mind that PMs here are currently a one way communication type of thing unless you PM me your mail address.

Attachments

• dotc_disks.jpg
    Filename
    dotc_disks.jpg
    File size
    142.91 KiB
    Views
    File license