VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by markot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There is a vertical shooting game for DOS which is similar to e.g. Raiden, Raptor and Tyrian games.

I think it is currently released freeware if I remember correctly but I have lost the name of the game. It was probably made by some Japanese company in the 1990s and it was available for download as a ISO file.

If anyone knows name of the game based on this description, please let me know!

Reply 1 of 5, by SW-SSG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Your description is very general... do you remember what sorts of enemy designs/graphical effects/music were in use? Anything about the stages and their (if any) progression of events? Any recognizable symbols or logos that bring the game to your mind immediately?

Reply 2 of 5, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Indeed the description is very generic. Any visuals that stuck to your mind? Color theme? Or some background story? Was it EGA, VGA? What was the music like?

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 5 of 5, by markot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok, I had forgot quite much about this game. Finally found the name of the game: SideLine

It wasn't vertical scrolling, but horizontal and can be downloaded here: http://sideline.ghegs.com/

sideline01.png

sideline02.png

sideline03.png