VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by KT7AGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

In the past I've briefly mentioned my enthusiasm for Win9x-era desktop themes and cursor sets. The likes of Ooh Betty Graphic Design, Ingalill's Theme Creations, Patina's Treasures, and Christina's Desktop Reflections can still be found without too much effort. However, one artist in particular has seemingly fallen off the edge of the intarwebs with only digital turtles to mourn his/her passing: Tumi's Animated Cursors.

I don't know who Tumi was, or what inspired him/her. I only know that I love this person's work and I include it in every system image that I build. Yep, these cursors still work today even in Windows 10. They are still exceptional over 15 years later.

I collected these cursor sets in the early 2000s. The last time I saw active links to them was around 2003. Most of these have been lost for over a decade. Now I give back what little I have to the collective legacy computing community.

NOTE: These are not Tumi's original packages. I have collected these files and repackaged them. I'm sorry, but the original packages have been lost to time. I've done the best I can to preserve what was in those original packages. Sadly, this may be all that remains.

Filename
Tumi Individual Sets 1 of 2.zip
File size
3.06 MiB
Downloads
298 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
Filename
Tumi Individual Sets 2 of 2.zip
File size
4.47 MiB
Downloads
255 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 2, by wurlitzer11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I have the entire cursor pack by Tumi, These are my favorite cursors. Enjoy once again. Ive had this set for 20 years and still use them today, Greg

Attachments

• Filename
    pastcp.exe
    File size
    4.35 MiB
    Downloads
    98 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 2 of 2, by KT7AGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This is great! Thank you! I was completely unaware of this installer. I checked it out a bit and it's also available here:

https://archive.org/details/tucows_252662_Pan … ursor_PowerPack

However, it is not a complete pack. I'm not even sure if a complete pack exists, but the archives I uploaded previously contain a few cursor sets that aren't included in this "Pankaj Arora" installer. Check 'em out! Thanks again!