VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Procyon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This video by MetalJesusRocks should be pretty interesting for some people here. 😀

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz6APiZI1Dk

Reply 1 of 3, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'd definitely visit a store like that! 😁

I think it is interesting to watch it from a PoV from someone who doesn't know how to build a retro PC, but still having a certain respect for that.
Obviously anyone would want to go through all that stuff, looking for jewels. Metal Jesus would be more an end consumer and people like us would more be the ones working in the store and building/stresstesting the rigs (I really liked the store stresstesting their rigs before actually commissioning them).

I like how the store sorted their stuff, but I was less delighted to see how they stored it.
Seeing all those PCBs stacked on top of each other kinda made me cringe. But I can also understand that in a store, time is money and money will be relevant (and this way it's easier to spot certain parts instead of having it all packed up and labelled, which is much more time consuming).

I really do hope they check out the batteries in the back part of the store and fix that to prevent those old computers from going down their last journey of memory lane.

I was delighted to see a place that sells a couple stack of 5.25in FDDs! 😁

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 2 of 3, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That place is utopia! Of course it would have to be on the west coast, wish we had one in Bama.

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W