Common searches

I am a father

Topic actions

First post, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No, it's not what you think: I did not impregnate some woman years ago only to find out I'm a father, it's nothing like that. 🤣

Rather, I got married few months ago. 😀

00-my-wife-and-stepdaughter.jpg
My wife and stepdaughter.

Allow me to introduce my wife, Evi Novianti, and my stepdaughter, Shafa. Evi was a widow when I met her in 2017. Her husband had died from pre-leukemia, leaving her a cute daughter. We met in a local masjid and attracted towards each other. I began courting her ever since, then we finally got married a year later. In August 11th, to be exact.

01-wedding-pic-01.jpg
A photo from our wedding.

Above is a photo of our wedding. The party was arranged in my wife's village where she lived with her parents. Traditional Indonesian weddings could take seven days, but we decided to have it simple, with marriage vows in the morning and reception in the afternoon. As shown in the photo, I wore folk costume. After all, Indonesia is a tropical country, with hot and humid climate, so folk costume is definitely much more climate-friendly than your typical morning dress. It should be noted that I insisted wearing boater shoes than traditional sandals! 🤣

02-wedding-pic-02.jpg
Less formal dress for the afternoon.

In the afternoon the gathering become less formal, so I changed to my usual Navy blazer, khaki trousers, and ascot tie. My wife also happily changed into something more comfortable.

03-family-photo-01.jpg
Meaningful smiles.

The selfie above was taken after... ah, I couldn't tell you! 😀

04-family-photo-02.jpg
A happy family.

We live in my house --my part of the house, to be exact. My parents' house is pretty large --certainly too large for modern living without manservants and maidservants, so my younger brother and I has agreed to split the house in two, both legally and physically. Above is a photo of us jogging around the neighborhood.

05-me-and-my-daughter-01.jpg
Me, a father.

That's me and Shafa in the living room --formerly my parents' bedroom. Yes, the bedroom has its own sitting room, and since my part of the house doesn't have one, I converted the bedroom into a sitting room and a living room.

06-me-and-my-daughter-02.jpg
Anyone notice the strange things labelled 'Thrustmaster' in the background?

And yes, you can see my Thrustmaster joystick collection behind.

Anyway, the photos below were taken from our visit to a kid amusement center yesterday.

07-amusement-center-01.jpg
08-amusement-center-02.jpg
Mother and daughter, happy with the unicorn.

So, I, Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman, audiophile, retro computing enthusiast, and former bachelor, now have become a husband and a father. But wait, that's not the end of the story. My wife has missed her period, and we bought a pregnancy test kit. Two lines mean positive, right?

09-I-am-indeed-a-father.jpg
So I am indeed a father.

Amidst all those happines, there is one thing that saddens me though: I couldn't share this with my mother, she passed away three years ago. If she and my wife ever knew each other, I bet they would really like each other. When Evi and I were still dating, we went out for seafood, and while waiting for the meals, Evi patiently and lovingly brushed Shafa's reading skills using the menu book. Then I remembered my mother did the same to me when I was Shafa's age.

Too-bad-my-mother-isn-t-here.jpg
Too bad my mother isn't here to share the happiness with.

Notes of observation:

1. Shafa is a gamer. The first thing she did when I lent her my Android tablet is installing games. Of course, being a little girl she is, she installed 'girly games' like Baby Panda's Hospital. But she was also excited when I showed her violent PC games like Shadowgrounds. Too bad I haven't got the time to introduce her to classic DOS games like Ultima 6 and Wing Commander.
  2. It seems my stepdaughter also has potential to be an audiophile. I haven't got the time to build our home theater, so we watch movies using the TV's internal speakers. Naturally, the sound always gets clipped and distorted whenever we turns up the volume, and she always hears it first (and complains accordingly) even before I notice it. She doesn't mind when I pumped up the volume of my desktop system, and I guess it's because the PC is equipped with a pair of JBL L20T loudspeakers that stay clean in loud volumes. Anyway, my dad taught me to be an audiophile when I was twelve, so I guess I should do her the same, no?

UPDATE: I am a father again! 😀

Last edited by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman on 2019-08-17, 03:35. Edited 1 time in total.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 1 of 53, by Cobra42898

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Many congratulations to you and your family. My background is much different, but we all love our families greatly. Best wishes on starting a new chapter in your life.

Searching for Epson Actiontower 3000 486 PC.

Reply 2 of 53, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Great news! Congratulations, Kreshna! 😁

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 3 of 53, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Much happiness to you and yours and thank you for sharing your life with us, I always enjoy learning more about all you vogoners.

Reply 11 of 53, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Many congrats! Yer a lucky man, but I'm afraid yer aircraft sim days are over - heh?

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 15 of 53, by vladstamate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Congratulations !!

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7HbC_nq8t1S9l7qGYL0mTA
Collection: http://www.digiloguemuseum.com/index.html
Emulator: https://sites.google.com/site/capex86/
Raytracer: https://sites.google.com/site/opaqueraytracer/

Reply 17 of 53, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is anyone else having Star Wars flashbacks every time they see the subject line of this thread? 🤣

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 18 of 53, by BeginnerGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
clueless1 wrote:

Is anyone else having Star Wars flashbacks every time they see the subject line of this thread? 🤣

Disclaimer: Fake quote

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

clueless1, I am your father

😜

Sup. I like computers. Are you a computer?