VOGONS

Common searches

Why can't I send private messages?

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 24 of 32, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This whole restriction seems rather silly as you can see from this thread that some of the "newbies" have registered years ago. There might be a particular problem that they have asked and received a PM for and are now unable to answer and otherwise don't post much (which makes sense if they have nothing to contribute to an ongoing discussion).

Reply 27 of 32, by Woody72

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried to PM a member a link to a photo of my motherboard and a link to the jumper settings for it for his database and the message just sat in my outbox and wouldn't drop into Sent and I'm at 65+ posts 😒.

Modern PC: i7-9700KF, 16GB memory, RTX 3060. Proper PC: Pentium 200 MMX, 128MB EDO memory, GeForce2 MX(200).

Reply 30 of 32, by a_h_adl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
sf78 wrote on 2021-03-24, 13:10:

This whole restriction seems rather silly as you can see from this thread that some of the "newbies" have registered years ago. There might be a particular problem that they have asked and received a PM for and are now unable to answer and otherwise don't post much (which makes sense if they have nothing to contribute to an ongoing discussion).

I agree, personally I check this forum on regular basis for years but haven't had the need to post, now I need to pm someone to order one of their new products and got stucked by the limitation.

Reply 31 of 32, by a_h_adl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, I did some research on forum and ended up checking the "Newly registered users" group which I am still a member of, sorting members by the number of posts shows the maximum number of their posts is 19, so my best guess is the 20th post will remove you from the list and lift the limitation.

Reply 32 of 32, by 3faltigkeit

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, If it would be 20, than it is okay. But yeah, it is a little annoying to cannot answer if somebody wrote a message. Maybe the other person thinks one is unpolite because it seems like ghosting.

PIII-S @ 1.8GHz, TUSL2-C, 512 MB CL2, GF 7600GS, SB X-Fi
AMD K6-2+ @ 620 MHz, ASUS P5A, 256MB RAM, GeForce2MX, Voodo02SLI + AWE64Gold+Roland SC-55
AMD 486 160 MHz, 32 MB RAM, Terratec Maestro 32/96, Trident TGUI 9440 AGi 2MB VLB