VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well, actually it's general election, because we aren't only supposed to vote for the president, but for house of representative members as well. But let's not split hair. Anyway, the polling station is just right next to the house, so it's very convenient.

Indonesia-Presidential-Election-2019-01.jpg
The polling station, right next to the house (but no, the white car isn't mine).

Anyway, I took a selfie after making my vote. Anyone noticed the book I cradled on my left arm?

Indonesia-Presidential-Election-2019-02.jpg
Anyone notice the book I cradled?

Yes, it's yet another result of my obsessive-compulsive disorder. The copy of Civ II I bought on ebay doesn't come with manuals, so I printed and bound the PDF myself, as usual.

Indonesia-Presidential-Election-2019-03.jpg
The Civ II manual, in all its glory.

So, why did I bother to bring the book, you might say. Well, Widodo-favoring fraud doesn't seem to be the only problem plaguing this year's election; overly long queue is also one of them. So, unlike millennials, who might prefer gluing to social media using Android phones, I'd rather read computer game book instead. Yes, conventional, paper, ring-bound game manual.

Fortunately, the overly long queue only seems to happen overseas (not sure about the fraud, though). In fact, the queue I'm in was pretty short, so I only managed to read few pages --which coincidentally, pages about government types in Civilization II.

Indonesia-Presidential-Election-2019-04.jpg
It contains the game guide too!

You might wonder what makes the book so thick. Well, it's because I included the game's official guide as well. Granted the guide is for Civ I, but I guess it's still relevant for Civ II.

Anyway, I voted Prabowo - Sandi and that's the end of it. Everyone is entitled to their vote. I just noticed that the phone automatically blurred certain parts of the photo. It seems it blurs anything that doesn't resemble human face in order to enhance the focus, and I don't have the damndest idea how to turn the 'feature' off. Look, ask me about retro computer hardware or vintage amplifier and I might share an advice or two, but ask me about Android phone and I wouldn't have the slightest clue.

Indonesia-Presidential-Election-2019-05.jpg
My vote. The blurs aren't mine, the damn phone did it automatically for me and I don't know how to turn the goddamn 'feature' off!

Too bad my wife couldn't vote. In all the excitement we have totally forgotten to move her (administratively, not physically) from her parents' house in Bandung regency to my residence in Bandung city (the regency of Bandung and the city of Bandung are two different administrative entities). So in order to vote, she would need to go to her parents' house, but it's more than two-hours travel, while she is almost seven-months pregnant and gets tired easily. It saddens her a little, because she really wanted to vote Prabowo-Sandi, but our unborn child has the first priority.

Indonesia-Presidential-Election-2019-07.jpg
My wife is not an alumni of Bandung's Institute of Technology --the flag belongs to my uncle. But she enthusiastically supports Prabowo-Sandi nonetheless.

Indonesia-Presidential-Election-2019-06.jpg
In fact, we both do.

So, have you ever brought game-related stuff to totally non-gaming occasion?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 2 of 3, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
STX wrote:

I brought a laptop with an alpha version of a platforming game that I was developing to church once. I never finished the game though. (Responsibilities preclude creativity.)

So... did you code during sermon?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.