VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 40 of 47, by JonathonWyble

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That's an interesting site. It's good that someone would decide to create a resource of "Rudy's" work, as a memory of him, such as source code for his work and etc.

1998 Pentium II build

1553292341.th.19547.gif

Reply 41 of 47, by Panties

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My condolence to Rudolph Loew (Rudy) and his family.

When I was a kid, I search the internet for windows 98 not able to run properly on RAM above 1.5GB.
During my LYCOS search, I came across his name and his Win98 MEM patch 4GB.

That's when I heard of his name.... (at that young age, I don't really know him at all, and I "thought" his patch, was some un-trusted affiliate site to get money quick or something... )

Fast-Forward.....
I just found out today, that his name, is a real person, thus, a real powerful well-known programmer, with a phenomenal skill that can allow Win98SE, to run on 4GB RAM....
Reading about him, he has kept Windows 98 as long as he did...
I believe we lost an extraordinary person ...

RIP Rudolph..... you're always a Legend to me and to the rest of us....
I will pray for you and your family.... 😢 God Bless!

Reply 42 of 47, by digger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Would it be an idea to publish all the source code of Rudolph Loew's work to GitHub? If his code gets published there before the 2nd of February 2020, it will be archived in the GitHub Arctic Code Vault for future generations. What better way to preserve his legacy?

Reply 44 of 47, by zapbuzz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi I have created a CDROM image of the entire memorial site.
This will allow people to view it on a CD than online that many older operating systems cannot connect to tls 1.2 etc
**Updated** the site isn't secure anymore i got a browser warning.
https://archive.org/details/rlowesiterip

Last edited by zapbuzz on 2022-07-25, 11:18. Edited 7 times in total.

Reply 45 of 47, by jasongeo2@aol.com

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Panties wrote on 2019-12-26, 10:42:
My condolence to Rudolph Loew (Rudy) and his family. […]
Show full quote

My condolence to Rudolph Loew (Rudy) and his family.

When I was a kid, I search the internet for windows 98 not able to run properly on RAM above 1.5GB.
During my LYCOS search, I came across his name and his Win98 MEM patch 4GB.

That's when I heard of his name.... (at that young age, I don't really know him at all, and I "thought" his patch, was some un-trusted affiliate site to get money quick or something... )

Fast-Forward.....
I just found out today, that his name, is a real person, thus, a real powerful well-known programmer, with a phenomenal skill that can allow Win98SE, to run on 4GB RAM....
Reading about him, he has kept Windows 98 as long as he did...
I believe we lost an extraordinary person ...

RIP Rudolph..... you're always a Legend to me and to the rest of us....
I will pray for you and your family.... 😢 God Bless!

Thank you for the kind words about my father. Rudy has two sons. Jason loew is his blood son and we have the same mothers. Rudy was my step dad. I miss him so much.And Im glad to see how he impressed his fellow programmers on this thread and how much they respect his work. I knew as a child Rudy was very intelligent and a gifted programmer. If anyone would like to download a picture of Rudy when he was in his last year in College at University of Oklahoma 1970(Sooner 1970). I have a pic of him that was taken of him at the Engineers Club Engineers week party pic. Maybe someone can put it on this thread or something? He was young fresh leaving college and healthy. Picture is how I like to remember him. You can email me direct for that pic or anything else you want to know about my dad at jasongeo2@aol.com

Reply 46 of 47, by jasongeo2@aol.com

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

To my dads peers. Nice pic of him in his college years.
Love you Dad.....> Tony Sotomayor.

Attachments

Reply 47 of 47, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
jasongeo2@aol.com wrote on 2020-10-22, 01:14:

To my dads peers. Nice pic of him in his college years.
Love you Dad.....> Tony Sotomayor.

I have only ever heard good things about your father . I wish I had been able to get to know him personally .
My sympathies and thank you for the picture . It is a nice one to remember him by .