VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by UCyborg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Why does that kind of game waste more than a gigabyte of RAM? There are games that render big worlds and don't waste half of that. And here we have a game that only renders a table with a bunch of balls on it with some physics added into a mix.

There used to be a Flash version, which they removed at some point, which was OKish. Interestingly, it worked smoothest in MS Edge on my low-end laptop.

Can't play the current version on that laptop because it's unable to allocate memory and no one seems to care about very obvious inefficient memory management.

Arthur Schopenhauer wrote:

A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.

Reply 1 of 3, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Welcome to "Web Technology", hope you'll enjoy the future!

Even after being forced to update to a "modern" Firefox, the memory usage is still astronomical and the "Minimize memory usage" button still does absolutely nothing!

There's probably nothing you can do unless someone decides to try to come up with a overly elaborate browser hack to fix memory wastefulness or otherwise modifies the "game" itself to stop doing whatever it's doing wrongly.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 2 of 3, by UCyborg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think the minimum is Firefox 52 or any other web browser with WebAssembly support. Some Firefox browsers require manually enabling javascript.options.wasm on the about:config page to turn on support for that feature.

It's a sloppy game. One would hope they'd polish it before throwing out the Flash version.

A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.

Reply 3 of 3, by UCyborg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The game didn't seem to change (much) since the last time, but it manages to load on Chromium Edge now.