VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Okay , So what retro stuff do you want for Christmas ?....

Have a cup of hot coco on me.

Attachments

Reply 1 of 5, by STX

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am still using some 15- to 20-year-old power supplies. I'd like to replace them with modern ones because modern PSUs would be less likely to destroy my hardware during a catastrophic failure.
And I've been thinking about getting a slot cooler to put beside my Voodoo3. (I'm not having any problems with my Voodoo3 right now, but I want it to keep working for a long time.)

Reply 4 of 5, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Intel486dx33 wrote:

I ask for a "Lucky Bob" search engine on the Vogons website that can identify anything. Just upload a photo and can find any manual or driver.

Behind the scenes: Qbix furiously copy-and-pasting links and wiki articles

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 5 of 5, by SirNickity

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Vogons Drivers is a HUGE resource, but it would be nice to have things a little better organized. E.g., you have a Trident 8900D and want to see if there's a Windows 3.0 driver. Is it in the 8900D file? One of the Trident Drivers bundles? What's the difference between this SB 16 disk set and this other one?

For my personal Xmas list, I want an Enlight EN-7250 (although a 7653 would do in a pinch), a Lian Li PC-60, an Epox EP-4G4M+, a Creative 8x CD-ROM, a pair of Cambridge Soundworks cubes in good shape, a Tandy CM-11, maybe a couple more 300MB to 5GB hard drives, a GUS ACE, a Pro Audio Spectrum (not 16), and a pony. 😁 Thanks Santa!

Next..?

EDIT: Woo! Santa came through. Scored a 7250 and PC-65. 🤣 Now where's muh pony?!