VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's been almost two weeks that I paid for delivery of my package, but it's still not sent.
Is it just me or it's a common issue?
Online support cannot provide any information, just keeps answering - "we're checking with our warehouse, will come back as soon as they get beck to us". And never come back.
I understand that there is corona virus outbreak and so on. And this can be the reason for delays. But why then not to put this informatoin on front page? So that customers know what is going on. (Delays to China and Mongolia are announced, but not to other destinations)
So, does anyone expeience same problems with Buyee.jp?

PCMCIA Sound Cards chart
archive.org: PCMCIA software, manuals, drivers

Reply 2 of 17, by CrossBow777

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes I was going to say given the current global shutdowns that are happening, I would imagine most shipping from out of country will be more delayed than usual. Having said that, the only time I've bought anything through Buyee so far was when I bought my Edirol SD-20 from Yahoo Auctions JPN. I think I just chose their standard shipping and while it was expensive as nearly 30bucks for the shipping and buyee fees in total, the SD-20 literally arrived in 3 days to my door!

g883j7-2.png
Midi Modules: MT-32 (OLD), MT-200, MT-300, MT-90S, MT-90U, SD-20

Reply 5 of 17, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MAZter wrote on 2020-03-18, 15:56:

2 weeks ago they shipped my package without any delay. You can always chose sea shipping, that's much cheaper.

Either there were no delays at that time, or it's something wrong with my package. I always choose the cheapest shipping method (SAL), but not sure it's sea shipping. Usually it took 2 weeks to arrive.

PCMCIA Sound Cards chart

Reply 6 of 17, by ragefury32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Bondi wrote on 2020-03-18, 11:34:
It's been almost two weeks that I paid for delivery of my package, but it's still not sent. Is it just me or it's a common issu […]
Show full quote

It's been almost two weeks that I paid for delivery of my package, but it's still not sent.
Is it just me or it's a common issue?
Online support cannot provide any information, just keeps answering - "we're checking with our warehouse, will come back as soon as they get beck to us". And never come back.
I understand that there is corona virus outbreak and so on. And this can be the reason for delays. But why then not to put this informatoin on front page? So that customers know what is going on. (Delays to China and Mongolia are announced, but not to other destinations)
So, does anyone expeience same problems with Buyee.jp?

I typically use EMS for stuff like that, and it should provide you with a tracking number. Not sure what to expect if it's SAL during the current situation (that's 4 to 6 weeks on a good day since it is sea shipping, and worse if the container ships are quarantined heading to a port with a shelter-in-place order like, say, San Francsisco).

Reply 7 of 17, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ragefury32 wrote on 2020-03-18, 23:24:

I typically use EMS for stuff like that, and it should provide you with a tracking number. Not sure what to expect if it's SAL during the current situation (that's 4 to 6 weeks on a good day since it is sea shipping, and worse if the container ships are quarantined heading to a port with a shelter-in-place order like, say, San Francsisco).

Well, I'd be happy if it's at least shipped. Don't really care how long it takes to arrive.
But the staus of my package is "Preparing to ship" for 2 weeks already.
Online support is not answering at all, no agents online, no respond to emails....

PCMCIA Sound Cards chart

Reply 9 of 17, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Okay, that's a bit bad.

Regarding shipping delays, indeed there are some. I asked my last two items to be shipped from them a few days ago, they were accepted by the post office 2 days ago, and only left the outwards office of exchange today, which is unusually slow for EMS.
So I have my fingers crossed the package is on one of the last commercial flights to my country (they will shut down almost all commercial flights coming Monday).

(this stuff has a distinct post-apocalyptic feeling to it, doesn't it? 😉 )

Reply 10 of 17, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
yawetaG wrote on 2020-03-21, 07:19:

Okay, that's a bit bad.

I'd say thats very bad. 😀 They sent my items to someone else! I got a refund, but that's not much of a relief. I won a couple of nice and rareish things at Yahoo.

Regarding shipping delays, indeed there are some. I asked my last two items to be shipped from them a few days ago, they were accepted by the post office 2 days ago, and only left the outwards office of exchange today, which is unusually slow for EMS.
So I have my fingers crossed the package is on one of the last commercial flights to my country (they will shut down almost all commercial flights coming Monday).

(this stuff has a distinct post-apocalyptic feeling to it, doesn't it? 😉 )

Hope you'll get your items with no issues.

PCMCIA Sound Cards chart

Reply 11 of 17, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A little update on this. I've been in extensive mail exchange with Buyee for almost three weeks. I was persistently trying to convince them to arrange return(or direct) shipment of my package. This is not a common practice as I understood. But finally they did return my package to their warehouse. Yet charged me for return shipping.

PCMCIA Sound Cards chart

Reply 13 of 17, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

After shipping it or at their warehouse?

If it's after shipping, be aware that depending on where you live and the service it was shipped with there can be MASSIVE shipping delays due to the virus (e.g. apparently UPS in the USA has a backlog of 100,000 packages...).

Reply 14 of 17, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
yawetaG wrote on 2020-07-01, 14:16:

At their warehouse! It was stored there since April, and when I wanted to ship it they could not find it again.

PCMCIA Sound Cards chart

Reply 15 of 17, by Retroit

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Bondi wrote on 2020-07-01, 16:39:

At their warehouse! It was stored there since April, and when I wanted to ship it they could not find it again.

And how all are finished? Did you get you package?

Reply 16 of 17, by Bondi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Retroit wrote on 2021-04-18, 20:42:

No, I did not get it. Second time they lost it for good. I got my refund and a 1000 yen coupon.

PCMCIA Sound Cards chart

Reply 17 of 17, by Retroit

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Bondi wrote on 2021-04-18, 20:55:
Retroit wrote on 2021-04-18, 20:42:

No, I did not get it. Second time they lost it for good. I got my refund and a 1000 yen coupon.

It sad that you lost your lot