Common searches

Kids destroying computer hardware

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 23, by Big Pink

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
RacoonRider wrote on 2020-08-05, 07:13:

I though I would free the colors from the TV into the room.

That's actually quite endearing. You've made a child-hating cynic smile 😁

I thought IBM was born with the world

Reply 21 of 23, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
RacoonRider wrote on 2020-08-05, 07:13:

At the age of three I destroyed our TV. It was on, I pulled the lid from the back and saw some colored wires. I wanted them. I though I would free the colors from the TV into the room. So I grabbed a handful and pulled with all my weight. The colors left the TV with some magic smoke and a loud crack, but never made it into the room.

The TV was never completely repaired, a few masters came and only one of them managed to get at least some picture in shades of green and gray. This happened during a very serious economical and political crysis here in Russia, just after the downfall of USSR. A working TV was a real treasure and I ruined it. Still, my parents were more worried about me miraculously escaping electric shock rather then anything else. We watched everything in 50 shades of green and gray for a few years until we could afford a better TV.

Nice.... I didn't quite do that much damage when I was 3. I only climbed up onto the top of the refrigerator to get to a wrist-watch my dad was working on and proceeded to pull the spring out of it. I don't remember it at all.

I do remember around the age of 6 or 7, my dad brought home an old coffee maker for me to take apart. I took it apart and rewired it and then plugged it in. All the lights started to pulse on/off in our trailer and my mom freaked out.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK