VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Mattyice1994

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey Everyone,

I feel a little guilty... I was downloading a bunch of soundblaster drivers last night, and on the 6th one, it went to a 503 error when I clicked download...

Not sure if I made you guys hit a quota (I would feel horrible if I did).

Anyways, you still cannot download anything from the drivers library, just a heads up.

The site works, until you go into a driver, and then you click the download link - then it goes to the 503.

I apologize if I tripped something on your host or something!

http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/

Best,
Matt

Reply 1 of 4, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Happened to me too. Pretty sure it's a quota thing, although the lack of an informative message is puzzling... just give it a while.

If you can't wait, at least some of the files are available on the Wayback Machine, although navigation is broken in the archived version. 😉

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 2 of 4, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm trialling some anti-abuse mechanisms, based on IP and some other client fingerprinting stuff.

I've shortened the timeout and increased the number of downloads threshold.

If you still can't download files, DM me your IP and I'll suss it out.

VileR wrote on 2020-09-01, 11:02:

Happened to me too. Pretty sure it's a quota thing, although the lack of an informative message is puzzling... just give it a while.

If you can't wait, at least some of the files are available on the Wayback Machine, although navigation is broken in the archived version. 😉

Yep, there is supposed to be an actual message with the 503 error, but I haven't been able to get it to work properly.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 3 of 4, by 1541

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SquallStrife wrote on 2020-09-01, 11:58:

Yep, there is supposed to be an actual message with the 503 error, but I haven't been able to get it to work properly.

Since you are using an Apache webserver, I guess the easiest way is to call a custom "503.html" via the".htaccess" file:

ErrorDocument 503 /path/to/503.html

You can set this up for HTTP error "403" and "404" as well 😉

💾 Windows 9x resources (drivers, tools, NUSB,...) 💾

Reply 4 of 4, by Mattyice1994

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
SquallStrife wrote on 2020-09-01, 11:58:
I'm trialling some anti-abuse mechanisms, based on IP and some other client fingerprinting stuff. […]
Show full quote

I'm trialling some anti-abuse mechanisms, based on IP and some other client fingerprinting stuff.

I've shortened the timeout and increased the number of downloads threshold.

If you still can't download files, DM me your IP and I'll suss it out.

VileR wrote on 2020-09-01, 11:02:

Ah that makes a lot of sense, thanks! I was worried I messed up some data quota. Probably a good thing to have those anti-abuse measures in place.

Tbh, I got a bit OCD and wanted to archive all of the SB 16 drivers haha. Under normal use, I would probably only download 1 or 2 drivers at a time, and rarely would I need to I am sure.

I'll test it tonight with another needed download, and if it is still giving me the 503, I will DM you for certain. Thank you for clearing things up, I appreciate that! This site is great.