Reply 81 of 473, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Steam

Portal RTX - Dec 8

Steam - GOG - EPIC
Saints Row IV getting a free upgrade to Saints Row IV: Re-Elected and store cross-play
https://www.gamingonlinux.com/2022/12/saints- … ore-cross-play/

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 83 of 473, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Portal RTX and Saints Row IV are up.

I've already played Portal so don't see the point in playing it again when I have so much to play so have fun for those that play it.

Reply 86 of 473, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Portal RTX works offline with hl2.exe -game portal_rtx
Makes you wonder why they used Remix for Portal instead of updating the game.....

Looks like the Steam ver of Saints Row IV is now the Epic ver but Goldberg appears to work.

Reply 89 of 473, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The Feast @ GOG & Steam

Also, if you own Quake, go check your GOG library. 'Quake Enhanced' just dropped in there at no cost. It has enhanced visuals and a host of other items have been added. The original Quake is still its own separate game in the library, thankfully.

Reply 94 of 473, by Alistar1776

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
DosFreak wrote on 2022-12-08, 17:40:

I've already played Portal so don't see the point in playing it again when I have so much to play so have fun for those that play it.

I found Portal RTX to have some very buggy visuals. textures flashing and sort of "spiking" where they greatly deform for a second or longer.

Reply 95 of 473, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Alistar1776 wrote on 2022-12-18, 05:43:

I found Portal RTX to have some very buggy visuals. textures flashing and sort of "spiking" where they greatly deform for a second or longer.

Nvidia created this chart for recommended settings for each of their graphics cards, down to the RTX 2060:
https://images.nvidia.com/aem-dam/Solutions/g … e-3840x2160.jpg

Which card are you using? I'm running it on RTX 2060. At their recommended settings, I'm getting ~50 fps. I tried settings up to the 2080 Ti and frames were still around 30 fps.

The key is not to mess with the original Advanced Graphics Menu at all.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 97 of 473, by Alistar1776

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
clueless1 wrote on 2022-12-18, 11:17:
Nvidia created this chart for recommended settings for each of their graphics cards, down to the RTX 2060: https://images.nvidia […]
Show full quote
Alistar1776 wrote on 2022-12-18, 05:43:

Nvidia created this chart for recommended settings for each of their graphics cards, down to the RTX 2060:
https://images.nvidia.com/aem-dam/Solutions/g … e-3840x2160.jpg

Which card are you using? I'm running it on RTX 2060. At their recommended settings, I'm getting ~50 fps. I tried settings up to the 2080 Ti and frames were still around 30 fps.

The key is not to mess with the original Advanced Graphics Menu at all.

Im on an RTX 3070 TI