VOGONS

Common searches

Intel smashes Ryzen

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 61 of 106, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Who really cares. My 64-bit AMD run system was free.

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 62 of 106, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
robertmo wrote on 2021-01-17, 14:52:

core i5 11xx 176 euro!

Locked, can't be overclocked and its clock speeds are pretty shit out of the box (My Ryzen 2600 can do same clockspeeds with better IPC). Why ANYONE would buy this over a Ryzen 5 3600 at the same price boggles the mind.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 64 of 106, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-rocke … nce-all-we-know Im just going to leave this here.

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 65 of 106, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Can't wait for gamers drop their old stuff so iI can get it for freee or next to nothing 😉

Reply 66 of 106, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Caluser2000 wrote on 2021-01-18, 01:27:

Can't wait for gamers drop their old stuff so iI can get it for freee or next to nothing 😉

Exactly. Im still gaming @ 1080p so my $100 Ryzen 5 2600 is stupid fast. The amount of people dumping ddr3 stuff is great for setting up PC's makes for some cheap builds if ya can find a GPU that isnt marked up 400%

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 67 of 106, by SodaSuccubus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Caluser2000 wrote on 2021-01-18, 01:27:

Can't wait for it to be eaten up quickly by resellers, bitcoin miners, and early birds, before the majority of people needing cheap CPUs/GPUs actually can get a good deal.

The used market is absolutely wild right now with all the shortages and price hikes for next gen parts.

Reply 70 of 106, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Intel has so much MONEY they dont know what to invest in.
Never count them out. They are too BIG.

I am sure they have plenty to beat AMD at the consumer level.

Attachments

Reply 71 of 106, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Intel486dx33 wrote on 2021-01-18, 07:25:

Intel has so much MONEY they dont know what to invest in.
Never count them out. They are too BIG.

I am sure they have plenty to beat AMD at the consumer level.

Intel also have a fab that was the primary pillar of their dominance, which has had its ass handed to it year after year by TSMC who are hell bent on destroying their competition. Intel may be big, but TSMC is bigger. And if Intel end up going fabless up against AMD, then they are totally fucked because as a chip manufacturer they are in shambles. They will prbably crash and burn, and I will shed not a single tear after them.

Reply 72 of 106, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
appiah4 wrote on 2021-01-18, 11:00:

And if Intel end up going fabless up against AMD, then they are totally fucked because as a chip manufacturer they are in shambles. They will prbably crash and burn, and I will shed not a single tear after them.

I second that. Intel is kinda lost while AMD is supposed to be working in a ARM SoC to fight Apple’s M1.

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!

Reply 73 of 106, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Bruninho wrote on 2021-01-18, 11:45:

And if Intel end up going fabless up against AMD, then they are totally fucked because as a chip manufacturer they are in shambles. They will prbably crash and burn, and I will shed not a single tear after them.

I second that. Intel is kinda lost while AMD is supposed to be working in a ARM SoC to fight Apple’s M1.

Sorry to disrupt your fantasy but Apple is completely negligible in the grand scheme of things.

Reply 75 of 106, by blurks

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Has this forum become a troll bait? When do you guys realize that Robertmo and Intel486dx33 are just trolls who aren't even remotely interested in having a conversation or discussion?
Their only goal and intention is to provoke, trigger and troll everyone with statements which are (mostly) completely out of context.

Mods should investigate and have a closer look.

Reply 77 of 106, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
blurks wrote on 2021-01-18, 15:51:

Has this forum become a troll bait? When do you guys realize that Robertmo and Intel486dx33 are just trolls who aren't even remotely interested in having a conversation or discussion?
Their only goal and intention is to provoke, trigger and troll everyone with statements which are (mostly) completely out of context.

Your forgot Bruninho in that list.

Reply 78 of 106, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Caluser2000 wrote on 2021-01-18, 17:52:

I'm pretty sure you're the troll here not me. Forget me, dude!

appiah4 wrote on 2021-01-18, 14:16:
Bruninho wrote on 2021-01-18, 11:45:

Sorry to disrupt your fantasy but Apple is completely negligible in the grand scheme of things.

Excuse me, but I'm giving you the facts how they really are. Intel has already lost it. The question now is when their ship will be completely sunk.

IMO if Intel don't break the 10nm barrier before the end this year, or bring an improvement, or even something really, really good and new to the stagnant x86 architecture, to make it still relevant, then I see no future for Intel.

Sorry to disrupt your fantasy about Intel being still relevant these days. Even their NASDAQ value already went kaput.

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!

Reply 79 of 106, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Bruninho wrote on 2021-01-18, 20:00:
Caluser2000 wrote on 2021-01-18, 17:52:

I'm pretty sure you're the troll here not me. Forget me, dude!

Nope you've post more shit here and had threads closed more then ANYONE on vogons.org

Just saying....

Addendum:

Reply incoming 1,2,3,5..........