First post, by KCompRoom2000
Hello. I'm having a very annoying issue with one of my computers. Ever since I've moved to a new house, the internet is slow and unstable on one computer yet on another computer on the same network it's all perfectly fine. Both computers are plugged in directly to my Xfinity modem via Ethernet. This typically happens whenever I visit Gmail or YouTube on the problematic computer.
This is what I've tried:
- Scanning for viruses with MSE and MBAM - No viruses found.
- Two different web browsers (Firefox 78.9.0ESR and Google Chrome v89.0.4389.90).
- Updating my Ethernet drivers.
- A different Ethernet cable.
- A different Ethernet port on the router.
- Clearing all cookies and site data.
- Resetting WINSOCK entries and IP TCP/IP stack settings with the netsh command.
- Browsing from a Ubuntu Live CD - All fine here.
- Browsing from Windows Safe Mode with Networking - Still having issues there.
- Disabling necessary services using both Services.msc and Autoruns.
Here are the specs of the problematic computer:
- Dell Optiplex 7010 SFF
- Intel Core i3-3220 @ 3.3 GHz
- 8GB DDR3 RAM
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
- Intel 82579LM Integrated Ethernet Adapter
I've gotten so frustrated and stumped by this predicament that I've went as far as ordering a TP-Link PCI-e Ethernet adapter to try to use with this computer to make sure that the integrated Intel Ethernet adapter isn't the problem. If anyone here has any suggestions on other things that I can do to fix this issue in the meantime (assuming it isn't just the integrated Ethernet adapter that's causing the issue), please let me know.
Thanks in advance.