VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I figure someone might know of a faster way to do this. I want a list of every game for a given platform.

One issue is too few entries. If I select a system with around 200 games I get a short list of titles without a link for more details. So if I want the years I also have to filter by that and copy them into my spreadsheet in sets.

The other issue is too many entries. If I select a system with 5000 games I get extra details but to copy them I can only highlight 25 at a time and have to do this for 200 pages.

Another thing which I don't see details on is whether a game belongs to a series. I'd like to have a column designating if a game is a "standalone" or "belongs to <blank>". So far the only way I see to check for this is to look on the page for each game.

Any suggestions?

Reply 1 of 2, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Too few entries - These don't have the "Game List- view complete list" link. I can add "list-games/" to the address bar to get to the more detailed page it would have taken me to.

Too many entries - I saw elsewhere that site members have the option to list 100 games per page. I wouldn't have thought about registering an account or known about this setting otherwise. It's still time consuming with very large libraries but having 1/4 of the pages to go through is still an improvement.

Series - Still an issue.

Reply 2 of 2, by MrFlibble

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SKARDAVNELNATE wrote on 2021-06-13, 18:11:

Another thing which I don't see details on is whether a game belongs to a series. I'd like to have a column designating if a game is a "standalone" or "belongs to <blank>". So far the only way I see to check for this is to look on the page for each game.

I don't think you can check if a game belongs to a series other than by checking the page. Game series are handled as game groups, and it would be an insane thing to tag every game as "not belonging" to every group that exists at MobyGames -- there are very specific groups like aircraft types available in a flight sim. And it would be equally cumbersome to list every group a game does belong to in a list of games.

DOS Games Archive | Free open source games | RGB Classic Games