VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 40 of 44, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

My Sega Game Gear because it stopped turning on. 20 years ago I was clueless. Now I know it just needed a recap. FFFFUUUUU....

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 42 of 44, by dormcat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Now I regret recycling anything that was just old but still fully functional (not so if bricked, very defective, or very unstable), including:

• The MB of my first PC: Datatech (DTK) 386, along with its SIPP RAM (an oddball; most contemporary MB used SIMM), 40MB Seagate ST-157A HDD, Super I/O card, monochrome video card, and ET4000/W32 video card. Its 80386DX-20 CPU is still in my collection, though.
  • The MB (Biostar) and CPU of a Quantex P2-400, along with an STB Velocity 4400 (Riva TNT).
  • Probably the most regrettable: The MB (Asus A7N8X Deluxe) and CPU of an Alienware AthlonXP 2200+ "Thoroughbred" build, along with an eVGA GF4 4200Ti.

All RAM, HDD, ODD are kept unless out of order.

Back then I had no idea of "OS downgrading" i.e. using later hardware to run older OS. The AthlonXP 2200+ build was a bit struggling on WinXP SP3 but would be perfect for Win98SE (sigh).

Reply 43 of 44, by Jasin Natael

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Everything.

Notably my Packard Bell Legend 386 (first PC) I don't have any idea where it went.

My second PC just a cheapie PC Chips K6-2 500 build, but it was my first PC i used the internet with and played lots of games.

Reply 44 of 44, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
appiah4 wrote on 2021-08-04, 09:27:

My Sega Game Gear because it stopped turning on. 20 years ago I was clueless. Now I know it just needed a recap. FFFFUUUUU....

Thanks for the clue, fairly sure I have a dead one stored away that I intended to rob the screen from or something, if it's a simple recap it might live again.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.