Common searches

subject

Topic actions

First post, by Anders-

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

null

Last edited by Anders- on 2022-06-16, 21:51. Edited 1 time in total.

Måttfull och balanserad.

Reply 1 of 12, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well don't forget to regularly check your local version of kijiji/gumtree/craigslist is that blocket.se ? Then there's tradera and an app called Shpock which seems equivalent of offerup. Those are all general goods markets, but they will be where you find things for low prices if you keep checking them regularly. I think there's also Swedish Freecycle groups but some are more active than others.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 4 of 12, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Anders- wrote on 2021-08-30, 14:20:

Hey mods, given that vogons isn't a marketplace and there's even the "Vogons is no marketplace!" announcement/sticky thread, it might be a good idea with a sticky thread that has an up2date list of all the preferred marketplaces for retrogear - what do you think?

This right here is a really good idea.

I also think that the information about vogons not allowing sales here should be more visible as buying/selling threads pop up really often.

Maybe there could be a notice to the right of the Preview/Submit/Save as draft buttons.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 5 of 12, by Joakim

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There are some local Swedish face book groups also. I haven't tested them but they seem legit. I really don't understand how Facebook works tbh cause I'm generally not interested in fake friends anymore.. Can't find what groups in in but search for 'retrodatorer'.

Mvh joakim

Reply 6 of 12, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Anders- wrote on 2021-08-30, 14:20:

Hey mods, given that vogons isn't a marketplace and there's even the "Vogons is no marketplace!" announcement/sticky thread, it might be a good idea with a sticky thread that has an up2date list of all the preferred marketplaces for retrogear - what do you think?

Yes, that's a good idea.

New items (October/November 2022) -> My Items for Sale
I8v8PGb.jpg

Reply 7 of 12, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's too bad this community doesn't seem to have an active Wiki, because this idea would probably work better as a community-maintained wiki page than a forum post.

Reply 8 of 12, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
HunterZ wrote on 2021-09-26, 00:08:

It's too bad this community doesn't seem to have an active Wiki, because this idea would probably work better as a community-maintained wiki page than a forum post.

There's VOGONSWiki but it isn't all that active (as you say):
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 9 of 12, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

How does logging into the vogonswiki work? It seems I already have an account but my regular vogons password doesn't work.

And if I click the forgot password link, this is what pops up:

Exception encountered, of type "Error" [1ce21e79] /index.php/Special:PasswordReset Error from line 3979 of /home/michaeldale/vog […]
Show full quote

Exception encountered, of type "Error"
[1ce21e79] /index.php/Special:PasswordReset Error from line 3979 of /home/michaeldale/vogonswiki.com/public_html/includes/OutputPage.php: Class 'OOUI\MediaWikiTheme' not found
Backtrace:
#0 /home/michaeldale/vogonswiki.com/public_html/includes/OutputPage.php(3992): OutputPage::setupOOUI(string, string)
#1 /home/michaeldale/vogonswiki.com/public_html/includes/htmlform/OOUIHTMLForm.php(32): OutputPage->enableOOUI()
#2 [internal function]: OOUIHTMLForm->__construct(array, RequestContext, string)
#3 /home/michaeldale/vogonswiki.com/public_html/includes/htmlform/HTMLForm.php(265): ReflectionClass->newInstanceArgs(array)
#4 /home/michaeldale/vogonswiki.com/public_html/includes/specialpage/FormSpecialPage.php(96): HTMLForm::factory(string, array, RequestContext, string)
#5 /home/michaeldale/vogonswiki.com/public_html/includes/specialpage/FormSpecialPage.php(153): FormSpecialPage->getForm()
#6 /home/michaeldale/vogonswiki.com/public_html/includes/specialpage/SpecialPage.php(384): FormSpecialPage->execute(NULL)
#7 /home/michaeldale/vogonswiki.com/public_html/includes/specialpage/SpecialPageFactory.php(553): SpecialPage->run(NULL)
#8 /home/michaeldale/vogonswiki.com/public_html/includes/MediaWiki.php(249): SpecialPageFactory::executePath(Title, RequestContext)
#9 /home/michaeldale/vogonswiki.com/public_html/includes/MediaWiki.php(682): MediaWiki->performRequest()
#10 /home/michaeldale/vogonswiki.com/public_html/includes/MediaWiki.php(476): MediaWiki->main()
#11 /home/michaeldale/vogonswiki.com/public_html/index.php(41): MediaWiki->run()
#12 {main}

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 10 of 12, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cyclone3d wrote on 2021-09-27, 02:11:

How does logging into the vogonswiki work? It seems I already have an account but my regular vogons password doesn't work.

You need to apply for an account. I did long time ago and never got an yes/no answer. Maybe because I didn't included CV...
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Special:RequestAccount

I8v8PGb.jpg

Reply 11 of 12, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just got info that a new site is up: https://8bitbay.com

Looks pretty cool. I added some of my stuff already and everything seems to work smoothly.

I8v8PGb.jpg