VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by atom1kk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, i have 2 monitors on my desk, one is a 34 UW, the second one is a 19 inch 4:3.

Is there an option to run games on the 19 inch monitor. The problem is, the 19 inch should be only extended, not duplicated etc., the 34 should still be the main monitor. How can I start the game that it works full screen on the 19 one and the 34 one should still be active so i can work in wondows parallel?

If i start Unreal tournament for example, it lways starts on the 34 one.

I am using windows 10

I know with Win P i can switch monitors to primary or secondary, but this is not an option, because one display is than out.

Thank you

Reply 1 of 5, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The only way to control this in a "full screen" game that I know of is with the primary/secondary monitor option.
If the game can be run windowed, you'll probably have more flexibility. If that works then look into if the game can be run in a "full screen window" (no title bar etc, looks just like full screen but technically it's a window).

Reply 2 of 5, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I gave up and made my gaming monitor my primary as far as windows is concerned and just dragged icons, etc to the other monitor.

Reply 3 of 5, by STX

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
atom1kk wrote on 2022-02-28, 11:27:

How can I start the game that it works full screen on the 19 one and the 34 one should still be active so i can work in wondows parallel?

Regardless of whether or not there is an elegant solution to your technical problem, I think that the real problem is that you should be focused on your work when it's time to be focused on your work. Really, there is no such thing as working on anything else in parallel with Unreal Tournament.

Dad

Reply 4 of 5, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
STX wrote on 2022-03-04, 02:55:

Dad

Since this comes out of nowhere, then I will choose to assume that it is true, which means that this is f*cking hilarious. It's a pretty damn funny reply anyways 😁
(Doesn't seem to be true, BTW, unless OP is using a VPN...)

The moment one of you shows up with yourself, your son/daughter, and your grandson/granddaughter for realz with accounts on VOGONS.org, I am outta here 😜

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 5 of 5, by STX

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Stiletto wrote on 2022-03-04, 21:33:

(Doesn't seem to be true, BTW, unless OP is using a VPN...)

Uh-oh, you've noticed my post and you read server logs. How much do I have to pay you to not reveal that I post from work sometimes? My moral credibility would be destroyed if atom1kk were to learn that I'm a hypocrite.