VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 80 of 262, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
appiah4 wrote on 2022-04-08, 10:16:

Witcher Season 1 was the most confusing, convoluted and visually underwhelming thing I watched in 2021 to be honest. I have zero intention of watching Season 2 despite admiring Cavill as a person.

It's true. I had to read some plot explanations after the series. It's like they already presumed people played the game. Characters coming out of nowhere, unable to differentiate the place and people and different creatures, nothing makes sense at first. Still I don't get the plot 50%

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 81 of 262, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Re-watching "The Boys" to be ready for season 3 dropping in June... it's the perfect anti-superhero show, don't watch with your kids.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 82 of 262, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BitWrangler wrote on 2022-04-08, 16:12:

Re-watching "The Boys" to be ready for season 3 dropping in June... it's the perfect anti-superhero show, don't watch with your kids.

haha, yes, "The Boys" is hard core. I had so much fun!

I like jumpers.

Reply 83 of 262, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If you like The Boys watch Super Crooks (dont just loop the intro over and over 🤣), umbrella academy and Invincible.
Also yellowjackets for Christina Ricci and Juliet Lewis awesomeness.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 84 of 262, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I found Invicible a while back and enjoyed that. For a gentler take on superhero tropes that as far as I can remember right now you could watch with (not too young) kids, there's Prime's version of The Tick which is also quite funny.

edit: If you like The Boys, you may also wanna watch the movies Kick Ass and Kick Ass II, the first one is a bit of a slow starter.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 85 of 262, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Doesn't anybody watch animes or Korean dramas?
At least upto 20yrs ago, animes were a thing on TV (Naruto, was it?) and then they disappeared from TV. Made a comeback on some channel here (Toonami/Animax) and then it shutdown

Reply 86 of 262, by Shponglefan

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-04-09, 08:14:

I used to watch a lot of anime, but I found they got a bit same-y after awhile. Plus I think I prefer anime pre-90's, back when it was still hand animated. There was something more appealing about the animation back then.

Although I have watched Death Note, Steins Gate and Attack on Titan recently. They were all enjoyable.

Pentium 4 Multi-OS Build
486 DX4-100 with 6 sound cards
486 DX-33 with 5 sound cards

Reply 87 of 262, by rmay635703

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Shponglefan wrote on 2022-04-09, 16:08:

I used to watch a lot of anime, but I found they got a bit same-y after awhile. Plus I think I prefer anime pre-90's, back when it was still hand animated. There was something more appealing about the animation back then.

Although I have watched Death Note, Steins Gate and Attack on Titan recently. They were all enjoyable.

One Punch Man and Attack on Titan for me.

Also been following Rick and Morty though I can’t get into solar opposites

I don’t even mind RWBY (don’t tell anyone), and up until the last few seasons RvB unfortunate they went action sequences only.

Reply 88 of 262, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Shponglefan wrote on 2022-04-09, 16:08:

People recommend me Naruto but I don't have the mental power to finish 100 episodes even.

Reply 89 of 262, by SpectriaForce

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nothing. Haven't watched tv for ca. 3 years already and I enjoy every day of it. I also don't watch anything online, besides some Youtube channels.

Reply 90 of 262, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SpectriaForce wrote on 2022-04-09, 22:18:

Nothing. Haven't watched tv for ca. 3 years already and I enjoy every day of it. I also don't watch anything online, besides some Youtube channels.

I keep TV for sports sometimes. Besides parents use it. Everything mostly what I need is on phone.

Reply 91 of 262, by creepingnet

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

With the Wife we watch a lot of different stuff, and tend to get stuck on one or two shows for awhile. For awhile it was Castlevania, The Witcher, and BIg Mouth, now were moving on to H.R.. I really liked F is for Family (I really identify with cranky Paternal figures a lot despite not being a dad), can't wait for Castlevania season 2. For awhile we were into The Circle.

On my own all I really watch is YouTube and usually have it on in the background when I"m watching other stuff. Outside of the VOGONS related stuff (8-bit GUy, LGR, Beige-O-Vision, VWestlife, etc...) I watch a lot of....

- Vice Grip Garage
- Bithead1000 (he's rebuilding a 62' Mercury Meteor gasser ATM)
- Scotty Kilmer
- Bigfoot 4x4 when they repost old Monster Truck races from the 80's/90's

I've also been going down the "Backrooms" rabbit hole a bit lately, can't remember the YouTuber but he does guides for the "levels" of the backgrooms like....

"Level 9989 is a category 4, it's not safe, it's secure, with a mild entity count. In this level, you spawn in a box truck driving a forest, except the trees have blood for leaves, and the truck changes speed at random, and even sometimes applies it's brakes for seemingly no reason. There are smilers, hounds, and shellcreepers here. There's also an entity known as the ENTity - it's a big tree that likes to eat metal, if you see it, hop out the window and run in the other direction!! You can escape by no-clipping through the floorboard of the truck when it's at 60mph, or you can find a door in a blue tree marked 9990. There's one bottle of Almond Water in the center console - so use it wisely."

~The Creeping Network~
My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/creepingnet
Creepingnet's World - https://creepingnet.neocities.org/
The Creeping Network Repo - https://www.geocities.ws/creepingnet2019/

Reply 93 of 262, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-04-11, 08:25:

I will be watching La casa de Papel now. Heard it was a good show from my colleagues and found it has good reviews.

Sometimes they lay on el corazón a bit thick, but I really liked it.

I like jumpers.

Reply 95 of 262, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Started watching the Crisis of Infinite Earths crossover series. Good to see bit appearances from Tom Welling and Brandon
Routh as Superman but other than that, meh.

Could be just me but the actress that plays Supergirl looks like she's constipated half the time. Are all the DC hero tv series this lame?

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 96 of 262, by rmay635703

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
buckeye wrote on 2022-04-12, 13:31:

Could be just me but the actress that plays Supergirl looks like she's constipated half the time. Are all the DC hero tv series this lame?

Poopergirl

DC live action on CW? Is the sky blue?

Try watching a DC Property called
“Doom Patrol”
It’s low budget but not on the CW so it should be a tad better

DC Animated stuff that you find streaming tends to be more tolerable also