First post, by mbbrutman
A new mTCP is available. Here are some of the highlights:
- Much improved DNS support, including a local HOSTS file and support for a local domain name.
- TCP/IP flow control improvements for slow/bad connections and bug fixes for improved compatibility.
- Improved compatibility with "WiFi" modems (ESP8266 devices) running SLIP firmware.
- Proper dynamic DNS support for the FTP server.
- Many bug fixes and some new features for the HTTP server.
- A slightly more accurate SNTP, an additional Telnet config to fix screen drawing problems with some Telnet BBSes, broadcast Ping support, and other miscellaneous fixes and improvements sprinkled throughout.
The bug fixes and compatibility improvements are worth the time for the upgrade.
And here is where you can find it ...
- Home page: https://www.brutman.com/mTCP/mTCP.html
- Release notes: https://www.brutman.com/mTCP/mTCP_2022-07-01_ … ease_Notes.html
No Ethernet? No problem!
- Packet drivers exist for SLIP and PPP so you can use a standard serial port.
- Other packet drivers exist for IBM Token Ring and Arcnet, making them look like Ethernet
- PLIP (IP over your parallel port with a LapLink cable) is reported to work.