VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ExplodingLemur

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm a long-time lurker and have recently started poking my head into a few threads here. I've been unable to find anything in the forum rules/TOS about what constitutes a "new user" though and am still restricted from sending PMs as a newbie. Is there any documentation regarding user status, expected levels of participation, etc?

Reply 2 of 8, by ExplodingLemur

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Gentlepoke wrote on 2022-11-22, 21:41:

It's covered by Why can't I send private messages? but I would assume if you just make quality posts, then it'll eventually open up. For ranks, possibly Vogons Ranks

I shall keep posting. Just a bummer if I want to contact someone about buying one of the many new hardware projects.

Reply 3 of 8, by Gentlepoke

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ExplodingLemur wrote on 2022-11-23, 02:39:
Gentlepoke wrote on 2022-11-22, 21:41:

It's covered by Why can't I send private messages? but I would assume if you just make quality posts, then it'll eventually open up. For ranks, possibly Vogons Ranks

I shall keep posting. Just a bummer if I want to contact someone about buying one of the many new hardware projects.

In which case, I sense there wouldn't be too much worry if you commented in their respective thread(s) declaring an interest as a workaround.

Reply 6 of 8, by ExplodingLemur

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
doogie wrote on 2022-11-27, 05:00:

Welcome, fellow Seattleite!

👋 I assume you've wandered around the Tukwila Re-PC location? If you ask nicely at the counter they'll bring out the box of Creative Labs and 3Dfx cards from the back for you to peruse 😀

Reply 8 of 8, by ExplodingLemur

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
kennyPENTIUMpowers wrote on 2022-11-27, 06:01:

what does meta mean?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/meta

In this case, a question about the forum itself rather than the topics discussed on the forum.