3D adventure games list

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 27, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
robertmo2 wrote on 2022-12-26, 17:59:

so far we hardly see any propositions from anyone and you ask for restrictions 😉

I wasn't asking for restrictions. You had implied that games that do not use items were not adventure games so I was asking what the other criteria are.

Sorry, I think a bit of this is being lost in translation somewhere.

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.

Reply 22 of 27, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
robertmo2 wrote on 2022-12-26, 18:44:

tomb raider has items, but i don't think anyone gonna propose it here 😉

Again, that was something you said to leileilol earlier. I think something is being lost in translation. Have a good one sir.

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.

Reply 23 of 27, by robertmo2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

games are so different that you cannot easily create any criteria.
you are deciding posting a game
i am deciding adding to the list
you can try to convince me, i can try to convince you etc
that's what the forum is for.

Reply 24 of 27, by robertmo2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

it would be silly to setting a rule: let's say, if a game has a certain amount of reflex based sequences it can be on the list but if it has 1% more it cannot be 😉
and how to calculate that, one can spent more or less time on different action, by difficulty of actions, etc.. and of course excluding all games with at least one reflex based puzzle could be an easy rule but could eliminate possibly good adventure game, it has to be based on common sense.
maybe there won't be need to use such a rule at all so why bother inventing them. why bother people reading them.

Reply 25 of 27, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There are two types of games:
action based and logic based.
a logic game with inventory based puzzles is an adventure game.
unlike with RPG, adventure name is misleading.
So right now also thanks to stupid tag system every game that has a story is tagged as adventure. So every rpg is tagged as an adventure.
Most bigger games if not all has a story now. So every platform game with a story is tagged as adventure, every shooter, slasher with a story etc.
If adventure games were called differently with a more unique name (like an RPG) from the beginning we would have no problems now.
So a game lei proposed is just some kind of logic games.