VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The best thing I have found for Amiga is a Prisma Megamix Music Card, which has IDE like cables that attach to it. My best guess is - no. It had no such capability.

After a few decades, I've examined the title screen for Below the Root in both Apple and C64 and the C64 has two different colors of flowers. It makes me want to look over the Amiga again.

Daniel L Newhouse

Reply 1 of 4, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I probably have no clue about what I am saying, but I seem to remember it was possible to extract the mod files from Amiga games via an Action replay cartridge for the Amiga, but if you mean something else when it comes to digital audio extraction. Then please enlighten me, on what you mean 😀

Reply 2 of 4, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
WolverineDK wrote on 2023-01-18, 02:47:

I probably have no clue about what I am saying, but I seem to remember it was possible to extract the mod files from Amiga games via an Action replay cartridge for the Amiga, but if you mean something else when it comes to digital audio extraction. Then please enlighten me, on what you mean 😀

If OP is referring to extracting tracker (mod, etc ) files from Amiga binaries, using something like this on a PC should work https://github.com/panzi/mediaextract , AFAIK .

Reply 3 of 4, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just mean CD music playback without an analog cable (internally) being used. They are selling Amiga 500 mini as retro gaming on Amazon.

Daniel L Newhouse

Reply 4 of 4, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

When you find an Amiga with processing power equivalent to about Pentium II 400 try it. It's not something you want to do on low spec PCs either. To extract and play later, then Amigas with an IDE or SCSI interface and an optical drive that supports raw reading, might be able to do it depending on software, but it's going to take a long time.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.