VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Nemo1985

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello fellow vogonians.
When I was in high school, I remember I played a star wars game where you had to pilot ships of the "good side", the whole game was about it, destroy the empire enemy Tie fighters, 2 legs and 4 legs walkers while using republican ships mission after mission. All the missions if I remember right were over a planet (so no mission in space) the game ran under windows 98 most probably (or windows xp?), the years was around 1998-2003.

Any guess? I tried to look my self but the only game I found was both about piloting and an fps, which it wasnt.

Many thanks

Reply 2 of 5, by Nemo1985

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thank you it could be, it was in third view and I remember it was possible to decelerate and some kind of spoilers were getting out from the vehicle...
I'd say Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire the graphics seems right but I remember there wasn't any fps phase...

Reply 3 of 5, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Nemo1985 wrote on 2023-01-16, 12:21:

I'd say Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire the graphics seems right but I remember there wasn't any fps phase...

Pressing tab goes into first-person mode

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 4 of 5, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote on 2023-01-16, 19:23:
Nemo1985 wrote on 2023-01-16, 12:21:

Pressing tab goes into first-person mode

Yes, but Shadows of the Empire, at least the N64 version (the only one I played) did have missions in space, so possibly it's not the game that Nemo1985 is looking for.

There is a complete list of Star Wars games at:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_video_games

I was surprised to learn that Rogue Squadron 2 and 3 weren't released on the PC, they were pretty good on the Gamecube, and should have been released on the PC.

Quality-wise, the Star Wars video games cover the whole spectrum of quality, from utterly awful to extremely good.

Reply 5 of 5, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I liked the Rogue Squadron series. Too bad that the third game is what killed it with those half-assed on-foot missions. 😒

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS