VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by beltrixx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I don't know whether this is the proper subforum for introductions, so I apologize in advance if I'm not posting in the right place.

My name's Manel, I'm from Barcelona, Spain. I've been visiting this site, reading quite interesting posts and also downloading software from Vogons driver library for about a year and a half, so I thought it was about time to register and leave a short introduction about me and my interests.

I like riding my bike, watching series, but one of the things I enjoy most is building retro PCs just for fun. I own a desktop Amiga 1200 with a Microbotics 68030 accelerator, a pair of vintage laptops (Compaq Armada E500, Olivetti Echos Pro 150 SM) and two retro-PCs among other hardware.

I've almost finished a supersocket 7 setup and when it's ready, I plan to "bring back to life" an old 486 computer (FIC PIO-3 motherboard) which is waiting for me in the storage room.

Greetings from Spain,

Manel
(aka beltrixx)

Last edited by beltrixx on 2023-01-18, 20:45. Edited 1 time in total.

"...Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few..."
(W. Churchill, about RAF pilots during WWII)

Reply 1 of 9, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Buenos dias Manel and that is about all of my poco vocabulary in Espanol.

As you may have noticed, most of us hardware folks are chilling in the Marvin sections, will hope to see details of your builds in there.

Among my machines is also an A1200 which is currently in storage, and an Armada E500 which I have not done much with, but I just spotted locally two large RAM modules for sale that should work with it, which may mean I spend some time with it in the near future.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 4 of 9, by beltrixx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
BitWrangler wrote on 2023-01-20, 02:03:

Buenos dias Manel and that is about all of my poco vocabulary in Espanol.

As you may have noticed, most of us hardware folks are chilling in the Marvin sections, will hope to see details of your builds in there.

Among my machines is also an A1200 which is currently in storage, and an Armada E500 which I have not done much with, but I just spotted locally two large RAM modules for sale that should work with it, which may mean I spend some time with it in the near future.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and for mentioning the proper forum... I'm a newbie here, and find all the "section names" rather weird 😀
I think i'll get used to them eventually.

Regards,

Manel.

"...Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few..."

Reply 5 of 9, by beltrixx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Tetrium wrote on 2023-01-20, 12:10:

Welcome aboard! 🙂

Thank you very much, Tetrium 😉

Reply 6 of 9, by beltrixx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
newtmonkey wrote on 2023-01-20, 10:05:

Welcome Manel! I look forward to reading about your builds.

I'll leave a post in the Marvin section as soon as possible because I need advice about acquiring a video card for my K6-III build so, yes... I'm afraid you'll read a new post from me very soon.

Regards,

Manel.

Reply 8 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Welcome!

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 9 of 9, by beltrixx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thank you all for the warm welcome 😉