VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by GabrielKnight123

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm looking for an adjustable bar with feet on both ends to go under my desk at the moment I'm using an LCD monitor I'll use my heavy CRT later when I get this support bar, I've got a few things already on the desk but the CRT in my view needs support. I don't know what they're called but I guess they exist for use in the industry somewhere has anyone seen these?

Reply 1 of 5, by Hezus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There are these adjustable table legs, that are commonly used in boats, campers and RVs: https://www.amazon.com/Boat-Table-Pedestal/s? … +Table+Pedestal

I have never had to use any additional support for CRTs on any of my tables, though. And I've had plenty of rickety old tables or cheap ones from IKEA. They've all held up CRTs just fine. They are heavy compared to LCDs but not *that* heavy that you'll need industrial grade equipment to use them. If your table is indeed that shoddy that it can't hold a CRT, then maybe a better table is worth the investment 😉

Visit my YT Channel!

Reply 3 of 5, by GabrielKnight123

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The bunnings one is more in my price range I've looked at bunnings trying to see if there are feet with bolts similar to the leveling feet on a washing machine my idea is to screw a foot leveler to some round pine so it can be twisted to take up the slack and weight, thanks Hezus they look good but some look like there is a pin and hole to get manufactured default heights I'm not sure those would work

Reply 4 of 5, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
GabrielKnight123 wrote on 2023-03-11, 08:54:

The bunnings one is more in my price range I've looked at bunnings trying to see if there are feet with bolts similar to the leveling feet on a washing machine my idea is to screw a foot leveler to some round pine so it can be twisted to take up the slack and weight, thanks Hezus they look good but some look like there is a pin and hole to get manufactured default heights I'm not sure those would work

Yep, if you sort that "furniture leg" section by lowest price you will find some things like that:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/products/building … =PriceAscending

Reply 5 of 5, by GabrielKnight123

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Pierre32 wrote on 2023-03-11, 09:00:
GabrielKnight123 wrote on 2023-03-11, 08:54:

Yep, if you sort that "furniture leg" section by lowest price you will find some things like that:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/products/building … =PriceAscending

Those 3/8" vertical leg plates would go with a level bolt that's just what I need 😄 thanks Pierre32