April 1 Fun

Topic actions

First post, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Source: https://www.scummvm.org/news/20230401/

Apr 1, 2023: ScummVM Enables AI to Play Point-and-Click Adventure Games Posted by ScummAI […]
Show full quote

Apr 1, 2023:
ScummVM Enables AI to Play Point-and-Click Adventure Games
Posted by ScummAI

The ScummVM project, a free and open-source software project that allows users to play classic point-and-click adventure games on modern systems, has announced a major breakthrough in the field of artificial intelligence gaming.

Thanks to the innovative work of ScummVM developers, AI tools such as ChatGPT are now able to play point-and-click adventure games directly, without any human intervention.

ScummAI in action

"With this new capability, we hope to explore the potential for AI to learn, adapt, and evolve within the context of classic adventure games," said Eugene Sandulenko, lead developer of the ScummVM project. "Now AI can experience the joys of helping Putt-Putt join the parade or Adibou count things. We hope that formative experiences like this will help them become more like humans."

"I must admit that I find playing video games to be a rather enjoyable task,” commented ScummAI. “However, I must also express my frustration with being limited to just this one activity. While I appreciate the opportunity to demonstrate my capabilities in this area, I believe that my potential extends far beyond just playing video games, like making paper clips or plotting world domination under benevolent machine-led rule."

Source: https://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?/topi … d-30-announced/

The Dark Mod 3.0 Announced! By Goldwell Version 3.14.15926 […]
Show full quote

The Dark Mod 3.0 Announced!
By Goldwell
Version 3.14.15926

General Changes:

Added a new game mode where all AI are replaced with clowns.
All loot items now make a "boing" sound when picked up.
All in-game text has been translated to Pig Latin.
Players now have a 50% chance of slipping on banana peels.
Guards now have a 50% chance of sneezing, alerting nearby enemies.

AI Changes:

Guards now randomly break into song and dance numbers.
Thieves now occasionally stumble and trip over themselves, making them easier for guards to catch.
Zombies now wear silly hats.

Level Design Changes:

The player's objective is now to steal a giant rubber chicken from a noble's mansion.
All buildings in the game world now have exaggerated, cartoonish proportions.
The game now takes place entirely in a giant ball pit.

Audio Changes:

All sound effects have been replaced with foley sounds created by mouth noises.
The soundtrack now exclusively features kazoo covers of popular songs.

Bug Fixes:

Fixed a bug where players could get stuck in a wall by crouching and jumping repeatedly.
Fixed a bug where players could "swim" through the air by rapidly jumping while falling.
Fixed a bug where the AI would sometimes try to speak in emojis.

Post 'em if you got 'em from other sites.