VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by godzillaramz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings. I'm new to this forum, and new to softmpu. I'm very interested in the software, but not for the purpose of playing any DOS games. I want to use it to run a midi sequencer from long ago called Texture. I thought I would post and see if anybody else had done this with any success, unlikely though that may be.

Anybody? And how did you do it? Thanks in advance.

Reply 1 of 1, by kiff

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi god,
Hopefully that phrase is a bit premature.
I use Texture 4.25 daily Win10 Dosbox 74 thanks to all the early help from the generous “Srecko”, Vogons member, this was around 2004.
I have not updated for quite a few years, and up to now have only had midi out because I just work with vsti’s.
Am going to look into midi in, which was only possible in the past using Dosbox 72, which was a bit buggy hence DB 74.
There were some extra files that Srecko sent me which you had to have to get this thing working, could dig the out, but it seems that
the “conf” files are super important. He also sent me this for effectively identifying midi devices on your system via a #
C;mixer \listmidi
Think that’s right, but very happy to be corrected as I have forgotten how to use it.
Anyhow clearly the answer is yes T does work on windows, as all of my music since 1984 has been produced on Texture .. I guess it’s about the software you know.
Cheers
Bryan “new zealand”