VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 2301 of 3949, by mdzapeer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ye, I checked that too, did a double check just now its not on mute.

DirectSound Control did not work, tried all its options 🙁

onto indirect sound.........which also did not work.

Hmm...strange indirect sound should generate a log file...its not doing that.

Reply 2303 of 3949, by nightson

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:

Could you try it again with the demo? It should immediately crash. If it doesn't then dgVoodoo's ddraw.dll is not accessed at all.

It didn't immediately crash. Any idea why dgVoodoo's dlls weren't accessed? I had uninstalled my anti-virus program and closed all other programs but still got the same result 🙁

Reply 2304 of 3949, by Nucleoprotein

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
nightson wrote:
Dege wrote:

Could you try it again with the demo? It should immediately crash. If it doesn't then dgVoodoo's ddraw.dll is not accessed at all.

It didn't immediately crash. Any idea why dgVoodoo's dlls weren't accessed? I had uninstalled my anti-virus program and closed all other programs but still got the same result 🙁

I think there can be two things:
1. Load of dgVoodoo ddraw.dll fails from some reasons.
2. You have changed system DLL load order (like KnownDLLs). Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\KnownDLLs" in registry and check if ddraw.dll is on list, if is - delete it. (KnownDLLs are not searched ie. system always will use a system one, not bundled with app).

PS: My (default) KnownDLLs list from Windows 10 x64: http://pastebin.com/z6KGPexP

EDIT: If this is first problem you can ask Dege for non-MPRESSed dlls and check if they work.

Reply 2305 of 3949, by mdzapeer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried running the dsound debugger, the g-police exe launches fine the menu loads, but as soon as I move to another menu item or press enter, basically anything which generates a sound event the program crashes. There is no sound/music at all with the debug dsound.dll at all too.

Reply 2306 of 3949, by Nucleoprotein

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
mdzapeer wrote:

I tried running the dsound debugger, the g-police exe launches fine the menu loads, but as soon as I move to another menu item or press enter, basically anything which generates a sound event the program crashes. There is no sound/music at all with the debug dsound.dll at all too.

Because it will not be, debug runtime for dsound is not supported under Windows 8+.
You can use included control panel in SDK to set directsound debug level to max, then use renamed debug runtime to provide logging. You need to use DebugView from sysinternals to sees OutputDebugString messages.
But I dunno if this will work correctly in Windows 8+.

Reply 2307 of 3949, by mdzapeer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes I am using debug view to the see the debugging output string. The output level was set to max in the DirectX SDK control panel too. Also use process explorer and saved the events.

the only event of note during the dsound deubug was the process tried to open the device in exclusive mode but was instead opened in priority mode.

DSOUND: Setting DirectSound cooperative level to DSSCL_EXCLUSIVE (treated as DSSCL_PRIORITY)

My other windows 10 machine the sound stopped working too now...

EDIT: Another unusual thing, I tried another cracked .exe and the sound in the menu starts working after entering and exiting a mission...very strange.
For reference I have been trying the game with uncracked .exe so far.

EDIT2:

Another curious entry from process explorer

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\DirectSound\Maximum latency "name not found"

Reply 2309 of 3949, by Nucleoprotein

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
mdzapeer wrote:

DSOUND: Setting DirectSound cooperative level to DSSCL_EXCLUSIVE (treated as DSSCL_PRIORITY)

Thats normal, DSSCL_EXCLUSIVE is not supported I think from Vista, like writing to primary buffer (cooperative level DSSCL_WRITEPRIMARY) which most old game do, it's hardware acceleration but in Vista+ is somehow emulated by API.

EDIT: Try this 301 exe http://www99.zippyshare.com/v/RqOQh4uP/file.html

Reply 2311 of 3949, by mdzapeer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

GOT THE SOUND WORKING!

but only in software rendering mode with dgvoodoo 2.52 (all g-police versions), there is definitively some connection to sound in those dlls ddraw or d3d.

Now to make it work in 3d acceleration mode.

EDIT: Working with 3d acceleration too now and no compatbity setting on the .exe

I have no idea how this was fixed...

Reply 2312 of 3949, by Mud

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Mobile 1 Rally Championship 2000

Dege can you try optimalize INTEL GRAPHIC's CARD to run with dgvoodoo?
Without your program game work but slowly (low fps)
but when i plug in dgvoodoo its make [[ERROR]Cannot create directdraw object - check directx installation] 🤣

Reply 2313 of 3949, by Nucleoprotein

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Mud wrote:
Mobile 1 Rally Championship 2000 […]
Show full quote

but when i plug in dgvoodoo its make [[ERROR]Cannot create directdraw object - check directx installation] 🤣

Works fine for me, try this patch: http://www.fileplanet.com/40266/download/Rall … ip-2000-v5.29.0

Reply 2314 of 3949, by Mud

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Nucleoprotein wrote:
Mud wrote:
Show full quote

Works fine for me, try this patch: http://www.fileplanet.com/40266/download/Rall … ip-2000-v5.29.0

Have patched already
This patch from fileplanet its outdated, latest is v5.30
Which generation Intel Graphic you have? and its updated to latest drivers?

Reply 2316 of 3949, by Milan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Uhm, not yet, unfortunately. […]
Show full quote

Uhm, not yet, unfortunately.

I've checked it out, and found 3 problems:

- The game specifies invalid caps bits for creating its surfaces (invalid for dgVoodoo, but it seems native DX accepts them), so creating calls fail and the game crashes on null ptrs: this one can be fixed I think, when I temporarily fixed it, then:
- dgVoodoo supports resolution 320x200, so the game initializes in 320x200 X-Mode: it's a problem because DPlay quits an error message like "cannot be called when in X-MODE"; Maybe the exe should be patched to miss resolutions below 640x480
- If I temporarily remove support for 320x200 modes then the game finally starts but I can only see the mouse cursor, so there is some additional problem with the rendering

Dege, any progress with this game?

Reply 2317 of 3949, by Mud

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Nucleoprotein wrote:

I do not have Intel Graphics at all but game works fine on WARP and both dgVoodoo hardware modes. Is working for you using WARP ?

Rendering - output api
changed default "best avalible one" for "Dx 11 ms Warp" and yes its started but now have other problem:

717rallyczamp_tn.jpg

Tried few configurations in DirectX card but couldnt fix that

Reply 2318 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
nightson wrote:
Dege wrote:

Nucleoprotein wrote:
I think there can be two things: 1. Load of dgVoodoo ddraw.dll fails from some reasons. 2. You have changed system DLL load orde […]
Show full quote
nightson wrote:
Dege wrote:

2. You have changed system DLL load order (like KnownDLLs). Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\KnownDLLs" in registry and check if ddraw.dll is on list, if is - delete it. (KnownDLLs are not searched ie. system always will use a system one, not bundled with app).

PS: My (default) KnownDLLs list from Windows 10 x64: http://pastebin.com/z6KGPexP

EDIT: If this is first problem you can ask Dege for non-MPRESSed dlls and check if they work.

I think the same, there is no other explanation.
If you have Visual Studio, maybe, then you could attach to the process, break it and see the 'Modules' debug window to see the full path of the ddraw.dll that is loaded into the process. It must be the one from the System folders.

mdzapeer wrote:
GOT THE SOUND WORKING! […]
Show full quote

GOT THE SOUND WORKING!

but only in software rendering mode with dgvoodoo 2.52 (all g-police versions), there is definitively some connection to sound in those dlls ddraw or d3d.

Now to make it work in 3d acceleration mode.

EDIT: Working with 3d acceleration too now and no compatbity setting on the .exe

I have no idea how this was fixed...

It's cool it's working now, but D3D11 shouldn't have anything to do with sound. Maybe something at driver level, who knows.

Mud wrote:
Show full quote

What type of Intel Chip exactly? I think Intel HD 2000 and above should support feature level 10.0.
What Output API's do you have in dgVoodooSetup?

Milan wrote:

Dege, any progress with this game?

I started patching it but it proved to be lot harder than I thought. 🙁

Reply 2319 of 3949, by Nucleoprotein

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:
Nucleoprotein wrote:
I think there can be two things: 1. Load of dgVoodoo ddraw.dll fails from some reasons. 2. You have changed system DLL load orde […]
Show full quote

I think the same, there is no other explanation.
If you have Visual Studio, maybe, then you could attach to the process, break it and see the 'Modules' debug window to see the full path of the ddraw.dll that is loaded into the process. It must be the one from the System folders.

Not really require Visual Studio for this, Process Hacker is good alternative (http://processhacker.sourceforge.net/).