VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 2940 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The patch is needed, because dgVoodoo can't solve camera FOV (field of view) issues. If you set the res to 2560x1440 through dgVoodoo while the ingame camera is set to a 4:3 FOV then that'll just stretch the image. The patch is needed in order to be able to adjust the FOV to a given resolution.
I don't know though what the issue could be with the widescreex patch, I myself didn't installed it.

Reply 2941 of 3949, by personofinterest

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lowenz wrote:

You must use the ThirteenAG fix BUT AVOIDING the copy of its d3d8.ini and d3d8.dll. Just DELETE those files and use the dgVoodoo2 one.

I just deleted those two files from the folder and change the resolution in the script file, similar to what I did for SC1.
I ended up copying the folder in the offline/system section of PT, but it still booted to 1024x768.

Reply 2942 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
personofinterest wrote:
lowenz wrote:

You must use the ThirteenAG fix BUT AVOIDING the copy of its d3d8.ini and d3d8.dll. Just DELETE those files and use the dgVoodoo2 one.

I just deleted those two files from the folder and change the resolution in the script file, similar to what I did for SC1.
I ended up copying the folder in the offline/system section of PT, but it still booted to 1024x768.

Isn't there a section in the .ini file of the patch where you must type the resolution (and other things) you want and what is set to 1024x768 now?
For SC1 widescreen fix there is a file SplinterCell.WidescreenFix.ini in the SC1\scripts folder.

Reply 2943 of 3949, by personofinterest

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:
personofinterest wrote:
lowenz wrote:

Isn't there a section in the .ini file of the patch where you must type the resolution (and other things) you want and what is set to 1024x768 now?
For SC1 widescreen fix there is a file SplinterCell.WidescreenFix.ini in the SC1\scripts folder.

UmM4sFr.png
Gzo707o.png

1024x768 is what Pandora Tomorrow starts up at whenever I start the game. I think that is the file you are talking about. I did change the resolution to what I desired, but I still get the same result of 1024x768.

Reply 2944 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

[MAIN]
ResX = 0
ResY = 0

ForceShadowBufferMode = 0 // Use with d3d8 wrapper that comes with this fix or any other that fixes the issue.
FMVWidescreenMode = 1 // Cutscenes and movies will be fullscreen.
HudWidescreenMode = 1 // Makes certain hud elements offset to screen edges.
OpsatWidescreenMode = 0 // Makes opsat overlay widescreen by stretching it's center part.
WidescreenHudOffset = 140.0 // This is the default offset for 16:9. For lower aspect ratios adjusted automatically, for higher you may change it manually.
PostProcessFixedScale = 1 // Game uses 512 by default. Increasing the value makes night vision mode render in higher resolution. If set to 1, ResX will be used instead.

ForceShadowBufferMode only works for SC1, so it's indifferent for SC2.
Set the 2 Res to "0" to get the Windows desktop actual values.

You got the msacm32.dll, right? Otherwise no custom script can be loaded.
Try to use the lastest version of ASI Loader: https://github.com/ThirteenAG/Ultimate-ASI-Lo … -ASI-Loader.zip
renaming "dinput8.dll" to "msacm32.dll"

Reply 2945 of 3949, by personofinterest

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lowenz wrote:
[MAIN] ResX = 0 ResY = 0 ForceShadowBufferMode = 0 // Use with d3d8 wrapper that comes with this fix or any other that fixes the […]
Show full quote

[MAIN]
ResX = 0
ResY = 0

ForceShadowBufferMode = 0 // Use with d3d8 wrapper that comes with this fix or any other that fixes the issue.
FMVWidescreenMode = 1 // Cutscenes and movies will be fullscreen.
HudWidescreenMode = 1 // Makes certain hud elements offset to screen edges.
OpsatWidescreenMode = 0 // Makes opsat overlay widescreen by stretching it's center part.
WidescreenHudOffset = 140.0 // This is the default offset for 16:9. For lower aspect ratios adjusted automatically, for higher you may change it manually.
PostProcessFixedScale = 1 // Game uses 512 by default. Increasing the value makes night vision mode render in higher resolution. If set to 1, ResX will be used instead.

ForceShadowBufferMode only works for SC1, so it's indifferent for SC2.
Set the 2 Res to "0" to get the Windows desktop actual values.

You got the msacm32.dll, right? Otherwise no custom script can be loaded.
Try to use the lastest version of ASI Loader: https://github.com/ThirteenAG/Ultimate-ASI-Lo … -ASI-Loader.zip
renaming "dinput8.dll" to "msacm32.dll"

Still refuses to go into 2560x1440. I tried changing the resolution in the game's files themselves but then it decided to just revert to 640x480. Pain in the ass this game 🤣

Reply 2947 of 3949, by personofinterest

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lowenz wrote:

It's really strange, I never had a problem with the resolution setting (with the script, it forces the fullscreen windowed mode).

Remember that the correct directory is the "offline" one.

Yeah I've followed the steps, but it doesn't seem to work. SC1 was certainly a bit easier to get going.

Reply 2949 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

In general, sorry for being inactive.
I'd like to release a new version soon, so I'd also like to concentrate on fixing reported bugs nowadays and exclude additional feature developing (except one I started earlier). 😐

Zanzarah related posts are moved to a new topic, plz let's continue there.

Reply 2950 of 3949, by CoolGamer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Dege,

I know that people reported this previously, but if you have time, please take a look at Half-Life 1. It reports 0MB graphics card memory and does not start. Starting it in Windows Xp compatibility mode with admin rights makes it start but then it does not hook dgvoodoo DLLs.

I wrote the download locations of free Half Life 1 Demos in order of importance. They are each standalone demos and very small in size. Half-Life 1 supports Direct3D, Glide and OpenGL. Since its Glide and D3D support was advanced for its time, what you learn from it should be beneficial to compatibility with other games as well.

Half-Life Uplink Demo (Post Release Demo - Different Story from main game - Latest demo - Most important) 48MB
https://archive.org/details/Half-lifeUplink

Half-Life Opposing Force Demo (Demo of the first DLC) 73MB
https://archive.org/details/Half-lifeOpposingForceDemo

Half Life Day One (Pre Release Beta Demo - first chapter of original story) 75MB
http://www.gamefront.com/downloads/half-life-day-one-demo

Reply 2951 of 3949, by kevsmudge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm getting lighting problems in Syberia 2 not seen in Syberia 1, also the menu does this wierd flickering where it shows certain tiles as
solid blocks of white that seems to be the texture from the main menu buttons.
I'm using the steam version atm but it's currently free on origin
https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/store/free-games
if they've updated anything between versions, apparently they added russian language support not seen in the steam and gog releases.

Attachments

• syb2-2.jpg
    Filename
    syb2-2.jpg
    File size
    236.88 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • syb2-1.jpg
    Filename
    syb2-1.jpg
    File size
    215.75 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • syb2-0.jpg
    Filename
    syb2-0.jpg
    File size
    224.08 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 2952 of 3949, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've been trying DGVoodoo2 with AVP2 lately and I've found that enabling the "fast video memory access" option causes a lot of stuttering. Maybe that's a problem with this game.

10x64
i5 3570k
GTX 1070

Interestingly, the GeForce drivers seem to run the game fine natively. But I've also been playing it on my Surface 4 and the PredTech vision mode for the Predator is just solid black with the Intel drivers. The other vision modes work. Need DGVoodoo2 there if you care about that vision mode.

Reply 2954 of 3949, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
lowenz wrote:

If you're using Win7 there's no problem at all, it's normal.
10 x64 -> VSync is working? Or there's a cap @60 FPS?

Vsync seems to be working fine with 10.

It's nice to see that 10 doesn't have the slowdown problems of 8 with regards to pre D3D9 games. Or maybe MS fixed that in 10 at some point...

Reply 2955 of 3949, by jpp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recently downgraded my gpu from Nvidia Quadro 4000 (fried) to AMD Radeon HD 3800.
dgVoodoo 2.53 does not work after the upgrade - can't detect the gpu at all.
Radeon HD 3800 is fully dx 10.1 and Shader Model 4.1 compliant.
I'm running Win 7 sp1 64 bit, everything worked fine with Quadro 4000.
Here are some screenshots:

Attachments

• dxdiag.png
    Filename
    dxdiag.png
    File size
    75.38 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    dxdiag
    File license
  • darkstone.png
    Filename
    darkstone.png
    File size
    24.36 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    darkstone
    File license
  • aiken.png
    Filename
    aiken.png
    File size
    82.91 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    aiken artifact
    File license

Reply 2956 of 3949, by VicRattlehead

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Two problems with Driver (1999) with the Glide renderer. One is the black void (clipping issue?) and the other is that the lens flare effect is not working properly. The black void also appears during night and when the lens flare effect is disabled.

dgVoodoo2 Glide:
Untitled.jpg

dgVoodoo2 D3D:
Game.exe_2017-03-27-04-47-55-164.jpg

Reply 2957 of 3949, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
swaaye wrote:

It's nice to see that 10 doesn't have the slowdown problems of 8 with regards to pre D3D9 games. Or maybe MS fixed that in 10 at some point...

Directdraw games, on the other hand, are slower than ever in win10, thank god wrappers exist. I'd like to see more gdi / ddraw love.

"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"

Reply 2958 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
kevsmudge wrote:
I'm getting lighting problems in Syberia 2 not seen in Syberia 1, also the menu does this wierd flickering where it shows certai […]
Show full quote

I'm getting lighting problems in Syberia 2 not seen in Syberia 1, also the menu does this wierd flickering where it shows certain tiles as
if they've updated anything between versions, apparently they added russian language support not seen in the steam and gog releases.

Thanks, I fixed that.

jpp wrote:
I recently downgraded my gpu from Nvidia Quadro 4000 (fried) to AMD Radeon HD 3800. dgVoodoo 2.53 does not work after the upgrad […]
Show full quote

I recently downgraded my gpu from Nvidia Quadro 4000 (fried) to AMD Radeon HD 3800.

The setup app detects DX10.0 or DX10.1? Or it says it's unavailable?
Also, does this issue come only with that game or with others too?

Reply 2959 of 3949, by jpp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:
Thanks, I fixed that. […]
Show full quote
kevsmudge wrote:
I'm getting lighting problems in Syberia 2 not seen in Syberia 1, also the menu does this wierd flickering where it shows certai […]
Show full quote

Thanks, I fixed that.

jpp wrote:
I recently downgraded my gpu from Nvidia Quadro 4000 (fried) to AMD Radeon HD 3800. dgVoodoo 2.53 does not work after the upgrad […]
Show full quote

The setup app detects DX10.0 or DX10.1? Or it says it's unavailable?
Also, does this issue come only with that game or with others too?

Hi Dege,

Detection works just fine, here are some screengrabs:

This problem happened with every game that I tried after the hardware change. Quality of AMD drivers software is abysmal compared to Nvidia.

I am running a fresh install of Win 7 64 bit SP1 + all the updates and Visual Studio 2013 Community,

Thanks for your reply

Attachments

• catalyst.png
    Filename
    catalyst.png
    File size
    182.61 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    driver
    File license