VOGONS

dgVoodoo Splinter Cell Games

Topic actions

Reply 180 of 194, by smash016

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks! But...

1) Of course, already tried it, but first thing I noticed is Sam's character shadows disappeared. Are you sure? I read several people saying you should only copy the DLLs. Like, keeping SC's "own" graphics settings. Replacing the config file means you start using dgVoodoo's default settings, right?

2) So they don't work well with dgVoodoo?

3) I understand, but are there any more texture fixes for the SC games, like shared in this thread?

Thanks again!

Reply 181 of 194, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

1) You *must* set the GeForce 4800 preset for Splinter Cell 1,2 - of course you must add an entry in the DGV Control Panel so please do NOT use any other "old" dgv config file

2) Not so well (but you can use them if you want, just backup the original ones)

Reply 183 of 194, by hishamerrish

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

dgVoodoo2_74_1
Light issues

Attachments

• sc2.png
    Filename
    sc2.png
    File size
    756.88 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • sc1.png
    Filename
    sc1.png
    File size
    1.84 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 184 of 194, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Indeed! I could reproduce one even at the very first level at the beginning.
It was introduced in 2.73, a fix for D3D9 proved to be incompatible with D3D8.

I re-uploaded 2.75 with the fix, plz download that.

Reply 185 of 194, by hishamerrish

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2021-06-17, 21:57:

Indeed! I could reproduce one even at the very first level at the beginning.
It was introduced in 2.73, a fix for D3D9 proved to be incompatible with D3D8.

I re-uploaded 2.75 with the fix, plz download that.

Thank you so much Sir 😀

Reply 186 of 194, by eddman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
daniel_u wrote on 2017-01-10, 15:19:

(CIA. Defense ministry). I managed to remove the specular reflections from the shaders. No more glitches but also no more (broken anyway)reflections, only for the specific areas. See attachments below.

Is replacing the textures the only way to get rid of this issue?

With the original textures, I tried 2.54 and the latest 2.75, with both 4800 and 5700, and the bug is present.

Reply 187 of 194, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
eddman wrote on 2021-07-08, 06:53:

Is replacing the textures the only way to get rid of this issue?

With the original textures, I tried 2.54 and the latest 2.75, with both 4800 and 5700, and the bug is present.

It seems so. But keep in mind, you are replacing the texture files not textures itself. The textures in the files have some shaders also. Some dont work right.
If you know other fixes let me know.

Reply 188 of 194, by smash016

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

For Pandora Tomorrow, are there any special instructions or texture downloads etc. beyond using the Nvidia preset and NOT using the Playstation textures?

Just started the 1st level, noticed some wooden boards disappearing when changing the viewing angle, nothing big but just wondering.

Reply 189 of 194, by SCAgent

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey everyone, I have been following this thread for a while, I found it when I was trying to fix the classic Splinter Cell games (childhood favorite games), I just made an account wanting to thank all of you here for the work you have done the widescreen fix, the texture glitch in SC1 etc, I want to thank especially Dege and his amazing dgvoodoo wrapper, I use it on almost all my old dx7-9 games and it fixes most if not all problems with them, words can't express how much I love what you have done to keep these old games playable.
Thank you again so much!

Reply 191 of 194, by Darkness Knight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys! What is the current status of Splinter Cell 1 using the latest version of dgVoodoo (WIP80.1)? Is there a problem to solve yet? Cheers!

- Canal de Youtube - Blog de Emulación

Reply 192 of 194, by Yoda1776

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Perhaps the solution to these rendering woes is to quietly by proxy patch the game, and not really put much into the public domain about it. Ubisoft is NOT going to waste resources attacking someone who legitimately helped add value to their deprecated product. If I were going to go down that rabbit hole myself as a sort of project long game, this would be it. Look at Final Fantasy XV for example. Xbox One X, memory leak fest, PS4 Pro, 3k stutter stutter stutter, Steam version, 5 zen 3 multipliers slower, Microsoft version, encrypted folder structure that is maintained over time, and the GOG version which is objectively the best version I have tried but still has artifacts graphically and runs relatively poorly. Out of principle I would on my channel provide a crack to get around at least some of the DRM. My attitude is if they have millions of dollars to throw at a project, and legitimately dont care, who am I? People doing stuff like this should be irrelevant to corporatist culture. And other than my microsoft store return, ive bought the game 4 times now so I think that settles it. I care more than the people who might threaten me with legal action for caring about their intellectual property. Thats why its always a silent dont continue what youre doing, or settlement territory because if word gets out, they look like the bad guy, because they are by giving zero _____. Interpolate professionally.

As for enhancement of the game, id like to see the glowing night vision art direction revoked as a sort of overlaid menu toggle. You know, the end that people arent supposed to see glowing at them off the top of your head, defeating the purpose of night vision. That and the lack of autogating. Its definitely not done, because there is lots of nuance, and you have to have a tolerance for the color spread caused by software HDR and perhaps a bit more processing power you might find it an interesting shader complexity perk ive been working on in a broad spectrum way. I cant program yet but this is my sort of precursory project based foundation. So far people dont care, which statistically is understandable. Darwin still churns out random personalities, hence skillsets, and whether or not that scales centuries into the future in the age of CRISPR, is irrelevant to right now. Basically most people if its not straightforward arent going to spend the time trying to solve the problem, and personally I find it offensive how many of them can, and wont, or have, and are unwilling to share that. It would save a lot of us trying to accomplish stuff a lot of time. Hats off to Dege, you Sir are a Divine Being sent to this planet to rectify its lack of passion. So my mission is to brute force solve that little first world problem, in a specific era of culturally relevant applications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMnfjaf9F0g&t=8s

Its crude right now, but give it another 6 months. Finding parallelism has been difficult for the above reasons.

Reply 194 of 194, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Yoda1776 wrote on 2021-10-12, 00:57:
Perhaps the solution to these rendering woes is to quietly by proxy patch the game, and not really put much into the public doma […]
Show full quote

Perhaps the solution to these rendering woes is to quietly by proxy patch the game, and not really put much into the public domain about it. Ubisoft is NOT going to waste resources attacking someone who legitimately helped add value to their deprecated product. If I were going to go down that rabbit hole myself as a sort of project long game, this would be it. Look at Final Fantasy XV for example. Xbox One X, memory leak fest, PS4 Pro, 3k stutter stutter stutter, Steam version, 5 zen 3 multipliers slower, Microsoft version, encrypted folder structure that is maintained over time, and the GOG version which is objectively the best version I have tried but still has artifacts graphically and runs relatively poorly. Out of principle I would on my channel provide a crack to get around at least some of the DRM. My attitude is if they have millions of dollars to throw at a project, and legitimately dont care, who am I? People doing stuff like this should be irrelevant to corporatist culture. And other than my microsoft store return, ive bought the game 4 times now so I think that settles it. I care more than the people who might threaten me with legal action for caring about their intellectual property. Thats why its always a silent dont continue what youre doing, or settlement territory because if word gets out, they look like the bad guy, because they are by giving zero _____. Interpolate professionally.

As for enhancement of the game, id like to see the glowing night vision art direction revoked as a sort of overlaid menu toggle. You know, the end that people arent supposed to see glowing at them off the top of your head, defeating the purpose of night vision. That and the lack of autogating. Its definitely not done, because there is lots of nuance, and you have to have a tolerance for the color spread caused by software HDR and perhaps a bit more processing power you might find it an interesting shader complexity perk ive been working on in a broad spectrum way. I cant program yet but this is my sort of precursory project based foundation. So far people dont care, which statistically is understandable. Darwin still churns out random personalities, hence skillsets, and whether or not that scales centuries into the future in the age of CRISPR, is irrelevant to right now. Basically most people if its not straightforward arent going to spend the time trying to solve the problem, and personally I find it offensive how many of them can, and wont, or have, and are unwilling to share that. It would save a lot of us trying to accomplish stuff a lot of time. Hats off to Dege, you Sir are a Divine Being sent to this planet to rectify its lack of passion. So my mission is to brute force solve that little first world problem, in a specific era of culturally relevant applications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMnfjaf9F0g&t=8s

Its crude right now, but give it another 6 months. Finding parallelism has been difficult for the above reasons.

Good luck ! I really recommend creating your own thread and describe more there. Will keep things clean.