Some things cumulated so I release a new WIP.
Plz don't expect too much, I had very little time in the recent months for dgVoodoo.
- Text based (INI) config file support with some new options (and more to come later) for experts (and modders?)
- Experimental (and now minimal) optional logging of Info/Warning/Error entries in the debug and
spec release builds, in order to trace issues
- D3D8 cursor handling and viewport depth scaling bugs fixed (WildFire)
- D3D8 software vertex processing bug, fixed (Mafia - multipass rendering)
- Bugs causing crash and black screen are fixed (Empires Dawn of The Modern World)
- D3D parameter validation incompatibility, fixed (Praetorians)
- D3D state block incompatibility, fixed (Soldiers of Anarchy)
- D3D non-W-friendly matrix in ComputeSphereVisibility calcs, fixed (Pac-Man Adventures in Time)
- D3D FVF validation incompatibility, fixed (Earthworm Jim 3D)
- D3D8 GetFrontBufferData bug, fixed (Rome Total War) (movies only, ingame still has the old issues)
- Old D3D-lighting incompatibility, fixed (when revising code and docs)
- Introducing built-in deframing for forced resolutions
- Introducing the ability of integer scaling (pixel multiplying) of output images (coming from wrapped API's)
into dgVoodoo's scaling process
- ATI and GeForce profiles are modified to force W-pixelfog (compatibility with old drivers).
- A new scaling mode with idiot name (Centered, keep Aspect Ratio) is added. Same as 'Centered' but scaling is
done by the wrapper
About config files: dgVoodoo.conf is still the one containing the configuration.
Now it can have two formats: binary and INI. Wrapper dlls and the CPL can read both.
CPL writes only binary, you can convert an INI to binary. Be careful, the CPL won't backup your
existing configuration file but simply overwrites that.
INI files contains some extra options that aren't available through the CPL. If an option isn't
specified in the INI file then the default value is used for the given property.
The attached config file contains the default configuration.
The last supported binary version of config files is 2.40, earlier ones can't be read (I hope no
one cares about that).