VOGONS

WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 822 of 1111, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

- Incompatibility of handling default scissor rect, fixed (Knights Of the Temple 2)

CRAZY GUY ! Havent expected this to be fixed so soon. Gonna check this out right tomorrow if it works in VR too 😀

Request a game profile for VorpX - VorpX Inofficial Gamelist - RJs VorpX Games

Reply 823 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Still got the Heavy Gear 2 graphics menu screen corrupted (no problem about that screen on a virtualized WinXP - I'm using Windows10 x64 1809).
Chaining dgVoodoo2+ReShade 4.x in Heavy Gear 2 results in a crash @start (and it's not the movies nor the resolution forcing)

Reply 825 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lowenz wrote:
Benchmark in Aquamark 3 (B3D9 tweak + nvidia game profile removed from the game/application profiles DB / application name modif […]
Show full quote

Benchmark in Aquamark 3 (B3D9 tweak + nvidia game profile removed from the game/application profiles DB / application name modified)

dgVoodoo2:
D3D11.png

Updated results (new drivers, new WIP)

aquamark-B3-D9-2019-01-18-19-27-49-205.jpg

Reply 826 of 1111, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The Golden Horde (DX9 / Shader 2.0) showing 2 mouse pointers

With the latest WIP i experienced the same mouse pointer bug that i have described here

Reply 828 of 1111, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Bad Day L.A works great with resolution forcing, the list of resolution locked games is getting increasingly shorter.

BadDayLA 2019-01-15 20-33-25-28.jpg
Filename
BadDayLA 2019-01-15 20-33-25-28.jpg
File size
655.46 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Boiling Point: Road to Hell works with resolution forcing and it helps a lot with UI scaling. Just make sure Windows DPI scaling doesn't try to get involved with the text. FMVs still don't work.

Xenus 2019-01-25 17-18-24-75.jpg
Filename
Xenus 2019-01-25 17-18-24-75.jpg
File size
601.82 KiB
Views
File license

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth and Raiden III are still broken.

Dragon Age: Origins goes ingame know, pretty sure you knew that. Resolution forcing gives mouse issues. Also looks really ugly, but that's just because no shader model 3.0.

DAOrigins 2019-01-15 20-17-26-73.jpg
Filename
DAOrigins 2019-01-15 20-17-26-73.jpg
File size
751.05 KiB
Views
File license

Earth 2160 has proper volcano effects now, I'm guessing you already know that though.

F.E.A.R is fixed now? Looks like it but I didn't test a lot.

Didn't think Red Alert 3 would work, but it sort of does , except this glitch that doesn't seem to be a shader fallback issue:

Clipboard01.jpg
Filename
Clipboard01.jpg
File size
646.05 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 831 of 1111, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Neverwinter Nights 2 (Dx9) Working with latest WIP

Attachments

• nwn2_dg.png
    Filename
    nwn2_dg.png
    File size
    482.82 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 833 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some numbers! (benchmarked through MSI Afterburner + RTSS)

ATI Nature demo 1.1

MS DX8
Average framerate : 871.9 FPS
Minimum framerate : 601.7 FPS
Maximum framerate : 2054.9 FPS
1% low framerate : 509.6 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 460.1 FPS

dgVoodoo2 DX8 + ATI 8500 Profile
Average framerate : 710.0 FPS
Minimum framerate : 448.0 FPS
Maximum framerate : 1768.1 FPS
1% low framerate : 450.6 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 443.8 FPS

Reply 834 of 1111, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just tried the latest WIP56 beta with a semi-rare futuristic racing game called StateShift, which only runs in about 640x480 (being a PSP port) and looks dreadful! It does work in the menus (including upscale), but crashes as soon as you start a race. It's a DX9 game I believe.

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 835 of 1111, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Also, out of curiosity, tried Midway Arcade Treasures Deluxe Edition, as they're DX9 at only 640x480 res. The 2D games don't work (but that's not really the point), for the 3D games:

Hydro Thunder = crashes either starting demo or when you try to start the game
Rush 2049 = upscales fine, but plays slow (plays slow with standard D3D too at the moment, 🤣)
Offroad Thunder = upscales fine, bit glitchy/jerky (bad emulation of the arcade game!)
Rush The Rock = upscales fine (but another terrible emulation in the first place!)

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 836 of 1111, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

DAWN OF WAR: Gold Edition: The game works flawlessly on MAX FHD ISF, but it still has menu cursor problems if using max FHD and such resolutions
even with Local.ini manipulation, the screen doesn't stretch ta certain aspect ratio
Reshade is working again after this patch

Wing Commander IV:DDRAW.dll still hates this game, unless is Sol/jari Komppa's DDraw patch, also The latest Nvidia patch has broken even this patch with Vsync

Reply 837 of 1111, by Daninthemix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there anyway to get borderless windowed fullscreen? I can use the borderless, alwaysontop flags to get a 4:3 window on top in the center of the screen, but would be great if dgvoodoo could fill in the 16:9 screen space with a black border.

This is for Nuclear Strike, and I suppose any 4:3 game. In fullscreen it has a nasty habit of locking up the desktop, I lose all icons and mouse control, and have to ctrl+alt+del log out and back in to regain control. Windowed is just plain safer, and a window that fills the screen aka true borderless windowed fullscreen would be great for 4:3 games.

Reply 838 of 1111, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Daninthemix wrote:

Is there anyway to get borderless windowed fullscreen? I can use the borderless, alwaysontop flags to get a 4:3 window on top in the center of the screen, but would be great if dgvoodoo could fill in the 16:9 screen space with a black border.

This is for Nuclear Strike, and I suppose any 4:3 game. In fullscreen it has a nasty habit of locking up the desktop, I lose all icons and mouse control, and have to ctrl+alt+del log out and back in to regain control. Windowed is just plain safer, and a window that fills the screen aka true borderless windowed fullscreen would be great for 4:3 games.

I want this too (not nearly as much as some other features though), but why not just script a resolution change to a 4:3 resolution before starting the game?

Reply 839 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sorry for being inactive here, I think I gave myself up to coding.

I have a new WIP:

=========================
WIP57:
=========================

- Support for D3D9 Shader Model 3
* ps_3_0 full feature set
* vs_3_0 full feature set - TEXLDL (texture sampling) is not yet implemented for sw execution of the shader
- Stream source step rate + instanced drawing is implemented
- Format A2R10G10B10 (HDR) is now supported for display modes and textures/surfaces (D3D9, ATI tech demos)
- Support for non-standard DF16/DF24 depth buffers - but they don't yet work properly :DD (D3D9, ATI tech demos)
- Wrapper version is raised to 2.6
- New option 'DirectXExt\AdapterIDType' for cosily defining an nVidia, AMD or Intel driver-type information
to the applications (unfortunately some games rely on them)
- New option 'GeneralExt\DesktopBitDepth' to override the real bit depth reported by dgVoodoo
- Various shader/sw vertex processing/other bugs I encountered are fixed
- Some internal things are also changed so I may also have screwed up something

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP57.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP57_dbg.zip

(I may protect them by a password later, if *** Google comes with their AV crap squawk again)

I must emphasize that I may have screw something up because I did more internal changes in the wrapper than the usual.
Also, still there are known issues, so I wouldn't say this release is perfect.
(this time I only did a quick test on some games... now I rather focused on scene/tech demos)

Also, shader input/output signatures are changed… I guess it will probably be a problem for VorPX wrapping. 🙁