VOGONS

WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 920 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote:
lowenz wrote:

Red Faction (Pure Faction -> https://www.purefaction.org/ ) + WIP57/58 + ReShade 4.2 -> No ReShade!

Up 😁

Crosire wrapper is working, so it's not a ReShade problem.

I gave it a quick go with ReShade 2.4.1 and it worked for me. There is no particular reason or change between WIP56 and 57 causing it not to work (like in case of VorpX).
Does it not work for you in general or just with a specific game?

BTW, Guys, thanks for the tremendous feedback! However I want to finish something (currently in development, will take some time) before switching to bugfixing mode again.
I'll have a lot to do. 😀

Reply 921 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ZellSF wrote:

I think the current options should be good enough. I wish they were exposed in the Cpl though.

It's funny that even I myself prefer the CPL to editing the config file manually.
CPL of dgVoodoo1 had an extra tab for 'renderer specific settings' which could only be enabled through a context menu option ('Show renderer specific options').
I was thinking on introducing this into dgVoodoo2 CPL for GeneralExt/GlideExt/DirectXExt config sections, to have the possibility for reaching all of the config elements through GUI. This would bring GUI on par with manual edit but extra tabs would be hidden by default.

ZellSF wrote:

Why does the debug cpl give this warning?:

[4316] [dgVoodoo CPL] WARNING: Desktop bit depth (0) is invalid. It should be 8, 16 or 32.

Uh, bug in the config validator... 😊 Fixed, thanks.

Reply 922 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote:

I gave it a quick go with ReShade 2.4.1 and it worked for me. There is no particular reason or change between WIP56 and 57 causing it not to work (like in case of VorpX).
Does it not work for you in general or just with a specific game?

Red Faction (Pure Faction) only!

Reply 925 of 1111, by Wastelander121

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Good news: It seems to work with every UE3 game I've tested it on. Arkham Asylum has some graphical glitches with his cowl, face and cape. Borderlands 2 and PreSequel appear to be fine, as well as Dishonored.

Bad news. A couple of games refuse to start up, such as Arkham Origins Blackgate and Vanquish. The framerate can be a bit low/stuttery on some games too. In the case of Remember Me it ran at 10-15 fps before gradually reaching a solid 60. Reminds me a bit of how emulators do shader caching, if it's anything like that.

I've also had some luck getting dgvoodoo to work with Special K's DX11 mod tools. It doesn't work with all games and there seems to be a compatibility problem with UE3 games causing an "Out of Memory" problem but the fact that we can mod textures at all is fantastic. Looking forward to where this project leads in the future! 😀

Reply 926 of 1111, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Diablo 2: Latest Wip Build Doesn't work on DDRAW mode, the game itself doesn't open
EDIT: Nvm silly me, it was version conflict.

Anisotropy still doesn't work well with this game, i kinda wish to know what GOG did to make it work well with D1.
Edit2: they probably used https://www.gamedev.net/forums/topic/689415-s … opic-filtering/

also: Dege, have you tried to contact Boris at his forum about Dgvoodoo2 and Oblivion/Fo3/NV?
it would be interesting if he makes ENB work with the latest builds

Reply 928 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

GunMetal Bench (Feb 2004) doesn't start with WIP 58 (and Windows too try to set some compatibility bits by itself after the first execution - removing them in the registry you can run the bench with default MS D3D9)

https://www.guru3d.com/files-get/gun-metal-di … ark-tool,4.html

-> https://www.anandtech.com/show/1215/6

Reply 938 of 1111, by Daninthemix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Quick question - G-Police crashes if you task switch (so if it loses focus, when you switch back to it it crashes). Can DgVoodoo prevent that at all? Could it hide the task switch from the game, and force the game to keep running as if it had focus?

Thanks

Reply 939 of 1111, by Expack3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Daninthemix wrote:

Quick question - G-Police crashes if you task switch (so if it loses focus, when you switch back to it it crashes). Can DgVoodoo prevent that at all? Could it hide the task switch from the game, and force the game to keep running as if it had focus?

Thanks

The only thing I can think of is running the game to run in a window, which if the game doesn't support that, you can force using the dgVoodoo2 configuration program:

1. Go to the "General" tab.
  2. Under appearance, select "Windowed".

Optionally, or if the game still does not run in a window:

1. Go to the "DirectX" tab.
  2. Under "Behavior", make sure "Application-controlled fullscreen/windowed state" is unchecked.