VOGONS

WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 680 of 1111, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Caesar IV (GoG)
dgVoodoo:

CaesarIV 2018-11-25 19-20-33-98.jpg
Filename
CaesarIV 2018-11-25 19-20-33-98.jpg
File size
127.15 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Native:

CaesarIV 2018-11-25 19-21-02-15.jpg
Filename
CaesarIV 2018-11-25 19-21-02-15.jpg
File size
134.84 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 681 of 1111, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Dragon Age: Origins
Shader model 2.0 limits you to low settings, so you don't particularly want to play this game with dgVoodoo anyway, but it crashes while loading, maybe related:

00000618 13.09365845 [3548] [dgVoodoo] ERROR: Direct3DDevice9 (0CCC3718)::CreateVertexDeclaration: Vertex element (1) type D3DDECLTYPE_FLOAT16_2 is unsupported in this version of dgVoodoo. (vertex element stream: 0)

SimCity Societies
Crashes. Last thing in log:

[6124] [dgVoodoo] WARNING: Direct3D9 (0C334FF0)::CheckDeviceFormat: Resource type D3DRTYPE_SURFACE with format D3DFMT_A16B16G16R16F and usage (80001) D3DUSAGE_RENDERTARGET is not available on device type D3DDEVTYPE_HAL with adapter format D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8.

The Witcher
dgVoodoo:

witcher 2018-11-25 22-27-36-62.jpg
Filename
witcher 2018-11-25 22-27-36-62.jpg
File size
742.43 KiB
Views
File license

Native:

witcher 2018-11-25 22-28-18-43.jpg
Filename
witcher 2018-11-25 22-28-18-43.jpg
File size
647.84 KiB
Views
File license

Rendering issues, UI colors wrong, framerate less than 1 frame per second.

Reply 683 of 1111, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
willow wrote:
Outrun 2006 coast to coast doesn't work. It refuses to launched. https://i.ibb.co/4Vh6YLx/Sans-titre.jpg […]
Show full quote

Outrun 2006 coast to coast doesn't work. It refuses to launched.
Sans-titre.jpg

Disable antialiasing in Config.exe (ingame antialiasing settings seems to be problematic for quite a few games). If that doesn't work edit dgVoodoo.conf to limit resolutions:

DefaultEnumeratedResolutions = none
ExtraEnumeratedResolutions = 640x480
EnumeratedResolutionBitdepths = all

OR2006C2C 2018-11-25 23-13-30-74.jpg
Filename
File size
680.89 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 684 of 1111, by willow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ZellSF wrote:
Disable antialiasing in Config.exe (ingame antialiasing settings seems to be problematic for quite a few games). If that doesn't […]
Show full quote
willow wrote:
Outrun 2006 coast to coast doesn't work. It refuses to launched. https://i.ibb.co/4Vh6YLx/Sans-titre.jpg […]
Show full quote

Outrun 2006 coast to coast doesn't work. It refuses to launched.
Sans-titre.jpg

Disable antialiasing in Config.exe (ingame antialiasing settings seems to be problematic for quite a few games). If that doesn't work edit dgVoodoo.conf to limit resolutions:

DefaultEnumeratedResolutions = none
ExtraEnumeratedResolutions = 640x480
EnumeratedResolutionBitdepths = all

Thanks.
Antialiasing is not the problem.

The problem is resolutions. If DefaultEnumeratedResolutions = all, it doesn't work. If DefaultEnumeratedResolutions = none or classics, it works even if 1920x1440 is selected with all, classics ou none.
I don't know why with all parameter, it doesn't work.

what is the better, antialiasing in game option or antialiasing with dgvoodoo parameter for this game?

I have noticed that without dgvoodoo, antialiasing ingame option allow until level 7 and with dgvoodoo 2, only until level 3. I don't know why the difference.

I have noticed that with dgvoodoo 2, it's not smooth. There are stuttering. without dgvoodoo 2 no stuttering it's smooth. Without dgvoodoo2 framerate stay at 60 fps. With dgvoodoo 2, framerate sometimes decreases and at each decrease, game is jerky

Reply 685 of 1111, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

back to the DDRAW land

Jane's Advanced Tactical Fighters GOLDthe sluggish mouse is ALL but Gone, but the menus fells less sloggy now.
Wing Commander III the space color is still blue.

also, it appears that the newest builds of Reshade dx10 has some problems with DgVoodoo2, i had to remove dxgi.dll to make ATF gold work, ill test it later with Fighters Anthology.

Reply 687 of 1111, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Black screen during the intro movies.
Mouse cursor is invisible.
White lines on screen.

Apart from that it seems to work fine as far as I can tell.

E849824802AFF4A583A2B26802CC749EED6A400B

Spellforce 2 doesn't launch.

Darkstar One

Text corrupted on Radeon.
Works with low settings on Nvidia but there is some noticeable stutter.
Game throws an exception on medium and high settings probably requiring SM 3.0 : "D3DERR_INVALIDCALL ----- Could not create Device !!! ------- .\DXWrapper\dxapdirect3d.cpp L261"

Reply 689 of 1111, by batterymandark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ZellSF wrote:

Shader model 2.0 limits you to low settings, so you don't particularly want to play this game with dgVoodoo anyway, but it crashes while loading, maybe related:

00000618 13.09365845 [3548] [dgVoodoo] ERROR: Direct3DDevice9 (0CCC3718)::CreateVertexDeclaration: Vertex element (1) type D3DDECLTYPE_FLOAT16_2 is unsupported in this version of dgVoodoo. (vertex element stream: 0)

I would play it, I whas excited to see if I could scale up those tiny hud, but the game wouldn't pass loading screen.

Reply 690 of 1111, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
batterymandark wrote:
ZellSF wrote:

I would play it, I whas excited to see if I could scale up those tiny hud, but the game wouldn't pass loading screen.

The game plays fine in 1080p, and I would even play it at 720p over giving up so much image quality:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s9PTxZ4MUw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o8g6Dkk6jk
Protip: use GeDoSaTo for sharper lanczos scaling.

Reply 692 of 1111, by roshiahito

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Looks like the black screen issue with Sims 3 is limited to Wine. I tried with both DXVK and Wined3d, and also with Windows' d3dcompilers (43 and 47) both set to native, but the only thing that gets rendered is the Game's cursor and dgvoodoo watermark. The reason I think it's limited to wine is that somebody else tried Half Life 2 with DXVK and Wine and encountered the same issue, while using DXVK on Windows seemed to work somewhat fine.

Reply 693 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
roshiahito wrote:

while using DXVK on Windows seemed to work somewhat fine.

HL2 doesn't yet work fine with dgVoodoo even natively. I debugged it and found that the game looks at the vendor ID of the video card and drives the rendering according to that.
Dxlevel81 and dxlevel90 don't work because the game "forgets" to set some shader constants needed for the correct rendering. When I set the vendor ID to that of GF5700 Ultra then
dxlevel81 is also fine but dxlevel90 with sm2 still has problems. I don't yet know if they are because of bugs in dgVoodoo or just an incorrect rendering from the game side.

Reply 694 of 1111, by batterymandark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ZellSF wrote:
The game plays fine in 1080p, and I would even play it at 720p over giving up so much image quality: https://www.youtube.com/wat […]
Show full quote
batterymandark wrote:
ZellSF wrote:

The game plays fine in 1080p, and I would even play it at 720p over giving up so much image quality:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s9PTxZ4MUw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o8g6Dkk6jk
Protip: use GeDoSaTo for sharper lanczos scaling.

i can also play it native, but i use a 1440p monitor, so fonts and ui become tiny.
its the same problem that occour in many games, like fear, but tankfully dgvoodoo support fear so i can actually read the darn text.

i'v heard about GeDoSaTo, i used it on Halo to get 5k resolution too max out the DSR on my video card.

Reply 695 of 1111, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hot Wheels: World Race
Seems ok (resolution forcing and all) for the one track I tried. Froze in fullscreen, had to run in windowed mode.

HotWheelsWorldRace 2018-11-27 23-40-31-17.jpg
Filename
HotWheelsWorldRace 2018-11-27 23-40-31-17.jpg
File size
373.3 KiB
Views
File license
batterymandark wrote:

its the same problem that occour in many games, like fear, but tankfully dgvoodoo support fear so i can actually read the darn text.

You find F.E.A.R playable with dgVoodoo? I'll be waiting for some performance optimizations (and rendering fixes, I need to detail the problem I found) before I'll switch to dgVoodoo for that.

Reply 696 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote:
lowenz wrote:

Aquamark 3 can run no more: Invalid Call 5325! (it starts but it crashes launching the actual scenes batch)

How do you run Aquamark 3? It seems to load d3d9.dll only from the system folders. Should the exe be hacked a little?

Dirty Hack: rename D3D9.dll in the exe -> B3D9.dll 😁 (and so your DLL get loaded if named B3D9.dll :p )

Reply 697 of 1111, by roshiahito

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:
HL2 doesn't yet work fine with dgVoodoo even natively. I debugged it and found that the game looks at the vendor ID of the video […]
Show full quote
roshiahito wrote:

while using DXVK on Windows seemed to work somewhat fine.

HL2 doesn't yet work fine with dgVoodoo even natively. I debugged it and found that the game looks at the vendor ID of the video card and drives the rendering according to that.
Dxlevel81 and dxlevel90 don't work because the game "forgets" to set some shader constants needed for the correct rendering. When I set the vendor ID to that of GF5700 Ultra then
dxlevel81 is also fine but dxlevel90 with sm2 still has problems. I don't yet know if they are because of bugs in dgVoodoo or just an incorrect rendering from the game side.

Yes, sorry, it is actually quite broken looking, I used bad wording.
What I meant is that in Wine, it doesn't render anything at all, both with DXVK and Wined3d.
It would just be super awesome if you could investigate that if you have a machine with Linux on it.

Reply 698 of 1111, by luigi-master

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone, it's because of this site that I discovered the magic of DGVoodoo, since someone else was having the same problem I was having with a certain game (Space Invaders, Activision). In any case I'd like to extend my appreciation to Dege, for developing this wonderful tool, and for being generous enough to reply to my email concerning a D3D9 version! In any case, I'd like to share some of my oddities with this program, but I don't have many DX9 games to test; I'm only using this tool for games that do not have any hacks or mods to support higher resolutions.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Demo version)
This game comes shipped with an 800x600 resolution lock, which some people have bypassed with hex editing. When using DGVoodoo, the game upscales fine, but produces weird shadow artifacts, look at the tent. These seem to go away by alt-tabbing, but will invariably return.
https://i.imgur.com/OOCZSM7.png

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2K3 (Demo version)
The highest resolution the demo natively supports is up to 1024x768, so I figured I should try this program and see what happens. The game world looks fine, but textures on enemies and the turtles don't appear to have loaded properly. This isn't that huge of a concern since the full game does have a widescreen and general resolution hack, but it is something to note.
https://i.imgur.com/UaJ6IgQ.png

Ed, Edd n Eddy: The Mis-Edventures
This game is ordinarily locked to 640x480, so I tried the program and it works flawlessly. I have not discovered any weirdness like with the other two games so far.
https://i.imgur.com/ehGIll0.png

Also this is for the older version of DGVoodoo, but I'm having a hard time of making Tetris Worlds working, it always seems to crash. Should I post about it in this thread?

Reply 699 of 1111, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Liquidator 2 Which i assume is a shader 2.0 game, crashing. Debugger showing some error lines. see attachment

Filename
liquidator.txt
File size
11.56 KiB
Downloads
59 downloads
File license

Request a game profile for VorpX - VorpX Inofficial Gamelist - RJs VorpX Games