VOGONS

Reply 40 of 49, by xcomcmdr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Removed imagehelp.dll and dbghelp.dll : it works !

However, when using dgVoodoo (stock configuration) v2.61, loading a mission hangs at the beginning of the loading process.

Not a deal breaker (the game works fine wihout it) but I love to use dgVoodoo2 on old games in order to prevent any compatibility problem and/or to enhance the graphics.

Test machine :
ASUS ROG laptop
Nvidia GeForce 750M
Intel Core i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz
Windows 10 x64 1903

Reply 41 of 49, by matrixphijr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I feel like I've tried everything to get this game to run with no success. I'm not super savvy, so I don't fully understand everything being discussed here, but I've just tried as many combinations of options as I possibly can, and I always get either a black screen (like it's starting) and then... crash, I guess (it just disappears), or just nothing starting at all. I have MC2 installed from a disc, and I've even tried to install and run Omnitech, but that won't work either. I have dgvoodoo in both folders with the D3D8, D3lmm, and DDraw .dll files, I've tried starting with the imghlp file in binaries, with it moved to the desktop, and with it deleted entirely, I've done the same with the dbghlp file (and combinations of both). I've tried setting compatibility options (from running as admin to disabling fullscreen to running in 640x480, to every old version from win 95 all the way up to 8 ). I've tried making it windowed, making it fullscreen... I mean it seems like I've done every possible combination of every option, and nothing ever changes or shows any error message or anything to let me know what I'm doing wrong or what to Google or what to even change. Both MC2 and Omnitech encounter the same problem, they either start with a windowed/fullscreen black screen then just disappear, or they just don't start at all. Every time I Google something it talks about setting hardware options, but I can't even get the game to start to get that far. Somebody please help. There has to be a way.

Info:
Alienware Aurora R7
Windows 10.0.19042 x64
Intel Core i5-8400 @ 2.80 GHz
NVIDIA GEForce GTX 1060 6GB

Reply 43 of 49, by matrixphijr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes, I've tried it with both of them and without. I tried moving one to the desktop, I tried moving the other, I tried deleting one completely, I tried just about every combination I can think of for keeping one or the other or both or neither. It doesn't really change anything. Is there maybe some option in voodoo that I need to set (cause again, I don't understand much of that, I usually just try stuff until something works or I get an error message I can Google for a specific answer)?

Reply 44 of 49, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's perfectly working on Win 1o 20H2 just renaming imagehlp.dll (windowed mode, no hw mouse and 1600x1200 32 bit)
Tip: just let the CD / Iso mounted.

screen0000.jpg

Last edited by lowenz on 2021-05-02, 19:48. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 47 of 49, by Taiyoumaru

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings, I am glad to see there is still a topic about this game.

My issue is, how can I run the game at 1920x1080 resolution in borderless windowed mode? Thank you! I have tried a lot of settings combinations but I just can't seem to do it! Running Win7 64 on an nvidia 1050.

P.S. I just want to play the campaign, I know there is MC2X and Omnitech and they each have their version of the campaign but without the movies and pilot videos, it's just not as great an experience sadly.