VOGONS

First post, by roshiahito

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi. I have a few question regarding The Sims and dgvoodoo.
1) I've successfully managed to run The Sims Deluxe edition using dgvoodoo + DXVK in wine under Linux (even wrote an installer for Lutris, check it out https://lutris.net/games/the-sims/). So far it works ok but I am experiencing an issue with 3d models (sims themselves) leaving "dirt" on the ground, like leftover bits of the characters. Disappears when I move the camera. It also happens on actual Windows too, but doesn't happen without dgvoodoo when using native d3d7. I have attached a debug log with this version of Sims, but there are not error messages so I doubt it's useful. Is there anything else I can I provide to help fix it?
2) I had no success running a newer edition of The Sims, the Complete Collection. It just crashes, both with DXVK with wine on Linux and on Windows. I've run apitrace with d3d7 parameter (the forum won't let me attach it so here https://yadi.sk/d/Gvkmo1yG3ahEro) using native Window's d3d7, in case it can be useful, and also created a debug log (attached it). If you want an apitrace of Deluxe Edition as well to compare two, just say so and I will make one. There is also some .txt dump file that gets created by the game itself but i don't know if it's useful. This one is a real bummer so it would be nice if this got fixed :3
2) When I try to use Sims Deluxe edition with dgvoodoo with wined3d's dx11 implementation, the results... are quite broken. It's an issue with wine, not dgvoodoo. I've tried to apitrace dgvoodoo for a bug report (this one https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=45728), however it just crashes when I use both Valve's d3d11 dlls specifically made for apitracing and an actual apitrace with d3d11 or dxgi flag. The apitrace itself is probably just broken, I doubt dgvoodoo actually somehow prevents apitracing, but can anybody suggest some tool I can use to apitrace dgvoodoo with this game?
The version of dgvoodoo I used is 2.55.3.

Attachments

• Filename
    deluxe_debug.log
    File size
    425.1 KiB
    Downloads
    65 downloads
    File comment
    deluxe edition debug log
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    DESKTOP-5DESM2R.LOG
    File size
    20.2 KiB
    Downloads
    69 downloads
    File comment
    complete collection debug log
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 8, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well, I never tested Sims with dgVoodoo so… I should do it. 😀

roshiahito wrote:

experiencing an issue with 3d models (sims themselves) leaving "dirt" on the ground, like leftover bits of the characters. Disappears when I move the camera. It also happens on actual Windows too, but doesn't happen without dgvoodoo when using native d3d7.

Aren't you using the game with forced resolution or MSAA? Such symptoms are typical with 2D games, game cursors and such.

Reply 2 of 8, by roshiahito

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:

Aren't you using the game with forced resolution or MSAA? Such symptoms are typical with 2D games, game cursors and such.

Nope, in configuration I leave it to Unforced and App Driven, and this happens anyway. Can't even change the Antialiasing option for DirectX in the control panel actually. Happens even with no configuration too.