VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2.6.x and related WIP versions

Topic actions

Reply 101 of 276, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Whatever changes you made to resolution forcing recently fixed Pathologic Classic HD's black lines in skyboxes (still happens if you force MSAA though). If you force resolution while DOF or SSAO is on, it will reduce the rendering resolution, but I think those effects scale badly anyway, DOF certainly does. Bloom doesn't do the same thing, I have no idea if it it scales properly or not. FXAA is just broken (though there are other ways to get AA). Assuming there's no other issues, I would consider this a nice improvement for this game.

Testing two still supported games where there should be no reason to use dgVoodoo, Corpse Party 2 seems to work. Root Double: Before Crime * After Days seems to work, but text looks worse than natively unless you force texture filtering, which is a bit weird.

Reply 102 of 276, by RoyBatty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lowenz wrote:

Just search for "d3d9.dll" with an hex editor, modify to "b3d9.dll" and so rename the dgVoodoo2 DLL.
For me no black screen at start (GeForce, Radeon).

Strange workaround, but hey it works. Still would like to see it work without hax 😀

Reply 106 of 276, by FulValBot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Tested version 2.62.1 with Half-Life 1, there are two mouse pointers, i can't see "loading", and i can't use 60hz... this with software rendering

edit: today i'm testing Half-Life 1 with a Radeon 5700 XT... i got a white game, and this with both 2.62.1 and 2.62.3 versions... this happen also with unforced resolution (no problems in windowed mode and no problems if i remove dgVoodoo2)

no problems with my old Geforce 1060 (with this card a resolution of 1280x960 was also supported and included and was working properly; with this card all custom resolutions was centered and not in left corner)

Last edited by FulValBot on 2019-11-30, 22:06. Edited 13 times in total.

Reply 107 of 276, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Deffnator wrote:

Getting Black Screens with Warhammer Dark omen Menu Along with Resolution bugs
Tanktics still has Rainbow issues.

I remove what i said before, i tested it with your patch dege and Dark Omen is running FLAWLESSLY!

Reply 108 of 276, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ZellSF wrote:

Whatever changes you made to resolution forcing recently fixed Pathologic Classic HD's black lines in skyboxes (still happens if you force MSAA though).

It fixed other games as well. Sacred Underworld starting screen, or the black lines shadows in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire with scaled resolution.

FulValBot wrote:

edit: today i'm testing Half-Life 1 with a Radeon 5700 XT... i got a white game, and this with both 2.62.1 and 2.62.3 versions... this happen also with unforced resolution (no problems in windowed mode and no problems if i remove dgVoodoo2)

I think it's the well-known AMD texturing bug...

Reply 109 of 276, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Dege wrote:
ZellSF wrote:

Whatever changes you made to resolution forcing recently fixed Pathologic Classic HD's black lines in skyboxes (still happens if you force MSAA though).

It fixed other games as well. Sacred Underworld starting screen, or the black lines shadows in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire with scaled resolution.

Fable: The Lost Chapters too (lines in water).

Reply 110 of 276, by legion_pheonix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Archangel (2002 unreal engine) does not see dgvoodoo, tried all directx dll options.
Perhaps he only addresses Renderer.dll.
How can I combine the game to appeal to dgvoodoo dll?

Reply 113 of 276, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
legion_pheonix wrote:
ZellSF wrote:

It's an OpenGL game. It won't work. Is there any reason you want to run it with dgVoodoo?

Wanted to use VSync, anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing.

Why not force it through GPU driver settings?

Reply 115 of 276, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Omikron: The Nomad Soul with resolution forcing (1080p) makes game blurry and pixelated (only when text appears, like subtitles), when there are no text - forcing higher resolution works as intended!

pixelated (when text or any UI shows)

20191205170526_1.jpg
Filename
20191205170526_1.jpg
File size
161.53 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

not pixelated (when screen is clear)

20191205170531_1.jpg
Filename
20191205170531_1.jpg
File size
128.49 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 117 of 276, by xcomcmdr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There's not a lot of them.

I use GlDirect (OpenGL to Direct3D wrapper) from time to time (useful on Heretic II for when the GPU borks it in OpenGL mode)

Reply 118 of 276, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
legion_pheonix wrote:

Is there a wrapper for OpenGL games?
So that you can bypass the graphics settings through the nvidia/amd panel.

This is off-topic and you shouldn't have posted it here, but...

Why do you want to bypass graphic settings set in the nvidia/amd control panel? That's an important ting to include in questions, not just what you want to do, but why.

Reply 119 of 276, by legion_pheonix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ZellSF wrote:

Why do you want to bypass graphic settings set in the nvidia/amd control panel? That's an important ting to include in questions, not just what you want to do, but why.

The reason is simple. I am assembling the old game, as well as customizing the graphic settings at my discretion.
After I pack it in the archive and if I want to play or give it to friends so that none of us remembers how to set up the game like that. so that it starts and gives a good picture.
And if you use the Nividia control panel, then it is assigned to my OS system, but not in the settings of the game itself and wrapper.
I apologize for offtop.