VOGONS

First post, by umisery

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

With dgVoodoo 2 applied to Hot Wheels Slot Car Racing after every other menu then screen goes black, you can still click and hear things but it's obviously not playable. This is without any extra settings applied (so no antialiasing, anisotropic filtering, etc.), I've tried setting different video cards in dgVoodoo's control panel but with no success. It works without the wrapper, but I'd like to play it in 1080p with some graphical enhancements.

Here's a GIF for demonstration purposes: https://i.imgur.com/eV4ONfr.mp4

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

Reply 2 of 9, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Dege wrote:

I don't have this game, but I'll try to have a look.
Isn't it an old game, rendered in software GDI?

The rendering is 3D accelerated (forced resolution works fine with Peixoto's patches, though that has issues with FMVs). Menus/FMVs might be GDI, but when I tried it there were plenty of errors in the log (that I forgot to save 🙁) so it's possible the problem isn't GDI related.

Reply 6 of 9, by stranno

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Do you guys get any sound from the game? I can only hear the videos, no single SFX, and i have the path to sndFiles folder properly configured in the registry, no matter if you use the CD or a local folder.

Other than that it works perfectly and the game benefits greatly from the anisotropic filtering!

1PjL6dD.png

It is a pretty boring game tho, you just have to accelerate and change tracks to avoid obstacles, nothing more, as far as i played.

Reply 8 of 9, by stranno

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:

I just installed the game as usual and everything worked out of the box, including sound.

Weird. Everything seems fine but, still, not sound. I will check process monitor tomorrow.