VOGONS

First post, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Seems like there is a bug with some alpha textures (not transparent), look at chains in attached screenshot from latest wip

2020-05-16_2251_1.png
Filename
2020-05-16_2251_1.png
File size
530.29 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Reply 2 of 5, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Your screenshot is way too dark to see anything, but loading the save game I see an issue with the transparency on a chain, but the same happens natively and with Glide (nGlide) so I'm guessing it's just a bug in the game itself.

I wonder why this game seems to ship with OpenGL files and seemingly no way to active a OpenGL render.

Reply 3 of 5, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ZellSF wrote on 2020-05-17, 09:47:

Your screenshot is way too dark to see anything, but loading the save game I see an issue with the transparency on a chain, but the same happens natively and with Glide (nGlide) so I'm guessing it's just a bug in the game itself.

Ha-ha, i'm not surprised if its just a game's bug (there are a lot of them).

Reply 4 of 5, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I had a quick look at it. That texture has no alpha channel so the transparency could only achieved by colorkeying. Colorkeying is hardwiredly disabled, even colorkeys set to some textures are plain zero (black).
If I force-enable it then the chains look as expected but it makes other things to appear bad (tranparent sky instead of black, etc).
I think it's the defect of the D3D renderer, or the game in general if it comes with Ogl too.

Reply 5 of 5, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ZellSF wrote on 2020-05-17, 09:47:

Your screenshot is way too dark to see anything

Sorry about that, but game brightness settings does not work (maybe you can only control it through dgvoodoo settings?).
Nglide picture on other hand is overly bright..