VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2.7.x and related WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 60 of 474, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote on 2020-08-01, 08:36:
Heavy Gear 2 seems to not like D3D12 wrapper (maybe it's the intro video?). Can you check Dege? I got crashes/freezes at start. […]
Show full quote

Heavy Gear 2 seems to not like D3D12 wrapper (maybe it's the intro video?). Can you check Dege? I got crashes/freezes at start.

D3D11 working, still the video options menu corruption is present:

Untitled.jpg

We were talking about this game previously, I cannot remember what the solution was. I tried it, works flawlessly for me with D3D12, and the menu screen looks normal as well.
Different version of the game we're using? (I don't know if I applied a patch or sg)

Reply 61 of 474, by Taz83

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2020-08-02, 19:27:
Thanks! I downloaded it, registered and tried the game. Frankly, I don't know how you managed to run it through dgVoodoo because […]
Show full quote
Taz83 wrote on 2020-07-31, 18:37:

yes the game is totally free to play
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/join.php#download
torrent download is the fastest way to download all the files just make sure the installation folder is not inside program files and also make sure the folder isnt read only because it could cause an issue with patcher if it was read only

Thanks! I downloaded it, registered and tried the game. Frankly, I don't know how you managed to run it through dgVoodoo because the game searches for D3D9.DLL in the system folder.
The only way I could achieved it was hex-editing strings 'd3d9.dll' in the executable (changing them to, say, b3d9.dll) while the launcher was running (otherwise it notices the change and downloads the exe again), and copy 32bit d3d9.dll renamed to b3d9.dll into \Windows\SysWOW64 (not a recommended way at all).
Interestingly, even WAR-64.EXE is 32 bit, no matter if I select 64 bit client in the launcher options.
Anyway, it ran nicely with WIP75.1 (I didn't try any other version) but I couldn't play it for an hour. Only ~20 minutes of exploring the surrounding world, and I didn't notice any problem.

the trick i used was something else i enabled the passthru option in the dgvoodoo then i started the launcher after that i did untick the pass thru and i ran the game so it loaded the d3d9.dll and ofc my reshader wasnt working at that time but i really dont care about reshader if i can manage to run this game much smoother in the Open RVR world

so i did something else than the Hexing part your talking about also i tried it on WIP75.0 so i will give another try to the 75.1 version , am not expert on graphic stuff but is it possible by using this kind of wrapper to shrink the texture or to reduce the original size so they dont lag the game client
just an idea came to my mind thinking of my issue was memory leak i also tried the nvidia profile inspector which was many setting but i am not expert again with AA and all the other stuff so my way of testing is change something and run the game see how it preform then change it again like that etc

if you try to go to the open RVR area for arround 1 hour or sometime less it lag huge when i tested last time , now i will download the new wip 75.1 and try hopefully it works better this time , by the way is the fast memory access working with you i remember i was getting crush when i select the character and hit play button

Reply 64 of 474, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Tried Arx Fatalis with latest dgvoodoo and forced resolution (because game does not support UI scaling on high resolutions) - and got some big framedrops from 60fps, especially when opening inventory or looking at some light shafts (gpu usage is at 40% or lower, strange). Also some some game models have black outlines around ears, i fixed this by switching from DX12 to DX11.

Screenshots
arx.jpg
Filename
arx.jpg
File size
159.63 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
arx1.jpg
Filename
arx1.jpg
File size
150.67 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 65 of 474, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There is no difference between D3D11 and D3D12. You can use GeForce4 Ti4800 card type to have 'full cut' colorkeying to make unblended black edges disappear.
Performance drop: unfortunately this game frequently use DDSurface::GetDC/ReleaseDC methods to access bitmap data by the CPU. It's the least efficient way, even fast vidmem access doesn't help.
What is more, it even makes things worse. At least now I improved it to bring it on par with no-fastvidmem case.

Reply 66 of 474, by Taz83

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i have tested the new wip atm on warhammer when i checked for the module loaded i saw 2 d3d9 one was the windows folder and second was the game folder both loaded maybe that is what causing the memory leak for me after 1hour or so in the main pvp zones

Reply 67 of 474, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote on 2020-08-05, 14:56:

There is no difference between D3D11 and D3D12. You can use GeForce4 Ti4800 card type to have 'full cut' colorkeying to make unblended black edges disappear.
Performance drop: unfortunately this game frequently use DDSurface::GetDC/ReleaseDC methods to access bitmap data by the CPU. It's the least efficient way, even fast vidmem access doesn't help.
What is more, it even makes things worse. At least now I improved it to bring it on par with no-fastvidmem case.

Thanks, i will try GeForce4 Ti4800 card type at least.

Reply 68 of 474, by mattcedler

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

HI,

I cannot run the latest WIP 75_1, even as administrator due to error "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." (translated from my language), other versions work with no problems

Reply 69 of 474, by therealdadbeard

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ZellSF wrote on 2020-07-28, 06:43:

Borderless was implemented ages ago, it's just relegated to the advanced settings (right click on tabs in dgVoodooCpl).

Wait what wow never knew that thanks!

Dege wrote on 2020-07-31, 13:15:
ZellSF wrote on 2020-07-28, 06:43:

Borderless was implemented ages ago, it's just relegated to the advanced settings (right click on tabs in dgVoodooCpl).

The problem with that is it's tied to forced windowed mode, without mouse emulation. I've been considering a fake fullscreen mode which is logically fullscreen with mouse emu but physically a borderless windowed mode.

Okay would be nice. I just tried it with Nfs4 and works perfectly fine. Game is running in flip mode with borderless which is awesome. Quick alt tab and no additional lag.

Some bugs I encountered are in NFS:High Stakes shadows are glitched and in Thief 2 some of the transparent textures are not transparent and have a black background. No screenshots for now.

Reply 72 of 474, by therealdadbeard

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here are the screenshots from NFS4 and Thief2. Both of those issues are not prevalent on 2.64.

Attachments

Reply 73 of 474, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I fixed Thief 2 (I wonder why it works with 2.6.x 😁) but as for NFS4, what car and what renderer (glide, d3d) are you using? I cannot reproduce it.

Edit: Ok, it must be some of the D3D's because of the watermark. But which one?

lowenz wrote on 2020-08-08, 10:54:

In Unreal 227i with D3D9 renderer, dgVoodoo2 D3D12 wrapper got the *same* performance of native AMD D3D9 driver (on my Radeon RX 570) 😀

😀 Weird, though...

lowenz wrote on 2020-08-07, 06:56:

Dege, please add the Chaos Theory patch here! http://dege.freeweb.hu/Patches/Patches.html

Ok, I will.

mattcedler wrote on 2020-08-05, 19:33:

HI,

I cannot run the latest WIP 75_1, even as administrator due to error "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." (translated from my language), other versions work with no problems

Doesn't an antivirus delete the dgv files and that's the problem?

Vaporeon wrote on 2020-08-03, 21:59:
Found these links for Windows 7 usage. https://github.com/microsoft/DirectX-Graphics … esktop/D3D12On7 http://aka.ms/d3d12on7 […]
Show full quote

Found these links for Windows 7 usage.
https://github.com/microsoft/DirectX-Graphics … esktop/D3D12On7
http://aka.ms/d3d12on7

Hopefully the API provides enough to use it.

EDIT: I noticed that only provides a 64 bit d3d12.dll, that's a bummer.

Thanks for the links, I didn't get deep into 12On7 so far but now I did some initial experiments. I asked someone from MS D3D team if they would release the 32bit version of 12on7 but it's very unlikely (they won't).
Even if they did, there'd be 2 problems with it:
- I'd need a Win7 machine with updated GPU drivers to test it at all. Win10 DX debug layer can be switched to Win7-emulation mode for developing but it only validates usage of objects that are common with 12 and 12on7. Win10 doesn't provide the 12on7 interfaces, and d3d12.dll of 12on7 cannot be used on Win10 of course.
- 12on7 cannot co-operate with the (outdated) version of win7 DXGI, so it doesn't support swapchains. Only windowed presentation is available which questions the point of dgVoodoo d3d12 over plain d3d11 on win7.

Reply 74 of 474, by Maarcis12

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, wanted to know if there's any way DGVoodoo can fix the bug that is plaguing FIFA 09 and FIFA Manager game that uses FIFA 09 engine, basically, the game will fail to load players animations causing them to be stuck in a t-pose with a melted fingers, i tried with WIP 75.1 and earlier versions that supports DX9, but no luck trying to run there, so thought would be nice to ask if it's possible to get it fixed with DGVoodoo wrapper.

Attachments

Reply 75 of 474, by therealdadbeard

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2020-08-10, 18:42:

I fixed Thief 2 (I wonder why it works with 2.6.x 😁) but as for NFS4, what car and what renderer (glide, d3d) are you using? I cannot reproduce it.

Edit: Ok, it must be some of the D3D's because of the watermark. But which one?

Yeah I'm stupid I thought my modded version would behave the same. I can't repro it to on my vanilla NFS howewer forcing MSAA is way blurrier for whatever reason on the WIP version. This is with the DX7 from the beta from the modern patch that is available. Í have no idea which car exactly my modded one is but I'm pretty sure it is this one https://www.nfscars.net/need-for-speed-high-s … iles/view/5849/ and this is the modded track https://www.nfsaddons.com/downloads/nfshs/tra … ica-hi-res.html

Reply 76 of 474, by kombatologist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Maarcis12 wrote on 2020-08-11, 22:08:

Hello, wanted to know if there's any way DGVoodoo can fix the bug that is plaguing FIFA 09 and FIFA Manager game that uses FIFA 09 engine, basically, the game will fail to load players animations causing them to be stuck in a t-pose with a melted fingers, i tried with WIP 75.1 and earlier versions that supports DX9, but no luck trying to run there, so thought would be nice to ask if it's possible to get it fixed with DGVoodoo wrapper.

That's hilarious.

Reply 78 of 474, by Maarcis12

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lowenz wrote on 2020-08-12, 09:56:

Animation problem -> CPU

would make sense, but that only happened when i swapped my videocards. It was working fine on my GTX 950 2 GB MSi Gaming card, but when i swapped my card with 1050Ti Zotac OC edition then game started to exhibit this bug. I even tested on my laptop, it's working fine there. So i doubt that's a issue with CPU.